Pitch Perfect 2 Reviews

• 1d ago

There were lots of peaks and valleys in this one as they managed to up the joke quality in most instances, with Rebel an obvious highlight (in particular her going after Bumper) and the announcers were still good entertainment even if the jokes were a little racially-charged, but I guess they developed Astin's character TOO well in the first movie because they decided there was nowhere to go with him and minimized his role after they'd done such a great job the first time. They seemingly replaced him with a rather unlikeable Steinfeld character - it felt like they were trying to do a different flavor of unique for her that the group dynamic didn't really need and it added to the overall sense that this movie wasn't setting out to achieve fame for those worthy of it but rather sort of presenting the girls in a hierarchy of how famous they already were as actresses, with Steinfeld serving as third fiddle to Rebel & Kendrick. The musical performances didn't seen quite as good as they were the first time, though they probably were and just weren't as fresh. The Germans made for good villains in a general sense, but it seemed they were only chosen so that German-flavored jokes could be made.

• Nov 21, 2020

This movie is so good. The songs, harmony, all of it are pretty good! Anna Kendrick's and all of the casts voices are too good to be true.

• Oct 27, 2020

The sequel to Pitch Perfect ups the music and the laughs, but with a similiar formula it falls behind on what made the first film so special. This film is very enjoyable, I think the music in this one is better than the first, but the story goes down some weird paths that were unnecessary. For what it is, this film isn’t meant to be the greatest achievement in cinema but it sure is a entertaining follow up that fans of the series will continue to come back and sing along too.

• Sep 04, 2020

It's great to see Artie Lange sober and working again, but this is the least convincing biopic of John Wayne Gacy I've ever seen.

• Sep 01, 2020

Not quite as fun as the original and it lets a handful of characters fall by the wayside. Still, it's really enjoyable, the cast keeps their strong chemistry, and the music is good.

• Aug 30, 2020

Ok mediocre sequel starring the same people and Haliee steinfield who is the standout for me in this movie. Her and flula. Flulas cool in this.

• Jul 13, 2020

Honestly this is a pretty solid sequel all around, though admittedly it does bring in a greater focus on the humor rather than the heart that felt more balanced in the original film. The franchise's best characters are actually not a part of the main cast, instead it's the Banks/Higgins duo that manages to steal the show whenever they get on screen. (3/5)

• Jun 28, 2020

As much fun as Anna Camp is (go watch Perfect Harmony) it's fantastic to see Brittany Snow take the leader role, even is they tried to keep as much friction in the movie as the first. I have 2 problems with this movie, 1 being that we skipped at least 2 movies between the first and this, and that we had to do the disaster through disassociated identity trope. We get a second finding self as a group movie instead of progressing into a new story, which is ultimately fine because more of the first is still good. Still fun, still recommend, and will watch again.

• Jun 17, 2020

I personally didn't enjoy this move much, which is sad because I love the first one. The humor wasn't as clever and the plot was just all over the place. I would not choose to watch it over other movies.

• May 06, 2020

There's just too many other musical movies that you could be watching instead.

There's just too many other musical movies that you could be watching instead.