The Pixar Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pixar Story Reviews

December 27, 2015
good way to summarize the past history of Pixar up to 2007. Nice to see scenes from different films with different directors.
October 15, 2015
A great, entertaining look at easily one the best animation studios on the planet
½ October 10, 2015
A fascinating, sometimes harrowing tale of Pixar's growth from a ragtag group of aspiring computer animators to its dominance of the animated feature film industry. It's all about the people, and it's all about the story. It was so interesting to see this while reading Ed Catmul's book "Creativity, Inc", about how Pixar nurtures and protects a culture of creativity.
½ June 7, 2015
I loved it, but if you are not interested in the pixar story then why are you reading this? An amazing story.
November 7, 2014
Even though it sometimes seems like a big pat on the back, this is required viewing for any Pixar fan, moviegoer, and human.
TheDudeLebowski65
July 20, 2014
Pixar films are wonderful, imaginative funny and memorable. More importantly, they can appeal to any age group. With this stunning documentary, we get the entire picture of the famous animation studio. We see the studio's humble beginnings to their in the world film. Every key player is interviewed here, and each gives terrific insight into Pixar's history. The film features snippet of interviews previously shown in Pixar: 25 Magic Moments, but it also features new interviews and much more in depth content into Pixar's history. This is a standout documentary, one that is very entertaining from start to finish and is really a well made documentary. Pixar have broken new ground in the way films are made. Pixar's story is one that was driven by motivation to do incredible things and they've succeeded in more ways than one. Their films are enjoyed by many, and each new feature that they have created has been better than the last one. Already films like Toy Story and The Incredibles are considered modern classics. The Pixar Story is an engaging documentary that is a must watch for fans of the studios films, and it offers plenty of insight into the creative progress on each film as well. This is a documentary that is well put together, one that is entertaining from start to finish and it presents the viewer with plenty of great insight into this incredible studio that have striven to make some astounding and pleasant feature films that anyone can enjoy. If you want to know much more about Pixar, The Pixar Story is a no brainer to watch. Like I said, it's well put together, thorough and in depth with its information. Well worth your time if you're a Pixar fan.
June 23, 2014
A fascinating insight into the history of Pixar and a must see for any fan of the animation giant. I was surprised at how candid they were allowed to be about Disney!
April 27, 2014
Just like the infamous, revered Pixar films that inspired it, The Pixar Story is engaging, gleeful, thoroughly captivating, and undoubtedly enthralling, however inept the direction is.
March 25, 2014
An insightful, interesting and captivating look into the formation and history of such an influential company that still has a major impact on the worldwide community to this day.
February 10, 2014
Best, most inspiring films I've ever seen. A Must own for any Pixar lover.
November 16, 2013
Every DisNerd should watch this..best documentary I've seen so far (not that I've seen a lot of documentary films lol) and John Lasseter's story is truly inspiring.
½ October 18, 2013
Seeing the struggles and success of Pixar is a good experience. If anyone is fascinating or curious about their rise to fame, this is better than most documentaries.
½ October 14, 2013
A lot of interesting behind-the-scenes info I was not aware of which led me to respect Pixar more, but basically too much of a fluff piece. Too much patting themselves on the back for their greatness. Would like to see an object documentary about computer animation as a whole. Despite the Disney connection, Pixar is sooo much better than DreamWorks Animation.
August 12, 2013
The people at Pixar are infectious. It is a joy to watch them on screen and admire how ,much time and effort goes into their fantastic work in this insightful, well-edited documentary. Perhaps a little less bias would give it true gravitas.
April 4, 2013
Na 15,- boete bij de bieb (en nog steeds niet terug gebracht) toch deze film gekeken! Inspirerend verhaal over getalenteerde mensen met een droom :-) Geeft een heel andere kijk op films als Toy Story, A Bug's Life en Finding Nemo. Een aanrader!
February 7, 2013
More interesting than it might seem. It's worth watching for those who are interested in witnessing how the famed studio and Hollywood's most consistent production unit came about.
January 31, 2013
A really great inside to the beginnings and inner workings of pixar. I'd recommend this movie to any aspiring animator, artist, or Pixar movie goer in a heartbeat.
Isaac
½ November 23, 2012
Though it doesn't delve into enough detail to secure itself as a revelatory journey into the inner workings of the iconic studio, The Pixar Story is an engaging documentary that moves along at a joyful, brisk pace and drums up enough interesting tidbits to ensure it's worth a watch for anyone looking for a peek into one of the most iconic studios in modern cinema.
October 20, 2012
An excellent documentary about Pixar's origins and evolution, I can tell since I found everything I need for one of my high-school projects.