Pixies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pixies Reviews

½ October 28, 2015
The flies in your kitchen...they're forming a union.

Joe Beck accidentally hurt a pixie which leads to the pixies placing a curse of bad luck upon him. Joe starts having bad luck in his personal and professional life. Eventually he finds the pixies and tries to convince them to reverse their decision because the previous encounter with them was an accident.

"I met your father on a Tuesday and a week later we were married in Vegas."

Sean Patrick O'Reilly, director of the Kagi television series and the upcoming movie Howard Lovecraft and the Frozen Kingdom, delivers Pixies in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is just okay and fairly straightforward (it reminded me of Smurfs in some ways). The animation is solid but just average.

"Make sure he lives a life of misfortune."

This was recently added to the Netflix queue so I added it to my wish list to watch with my daughter. We watched this picture and found it mildly entertaining. She was glued to it from beginning to end for the most part. I recommend watching this with your kids once but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection.

"Die, human scum."

Grade: C
½ September 18, 2015
This movie feels unfinished.
½ September 18, 2015
Movie looks like a 10-year-old animated it on an old iMac in his spare time . Remarkably poor quality. it's badly written, devoid of humor, filled with a cheesy soundtrack, and runs about 1 hr and 17 mins too long. AVOID
September 9, 2015
Horrible movie. Don't waste your time or money. My 2 year old couldn't even stay interested enough to watch it.
August 19, 2015
Animation was good. I don't know if was the story line, writing, or the delivery but it was hard to really have any empathy for any of the characters. Hard to get absorbed into. Just weird to watch.
½ July 16, 2015
Stiff, uninteresting script with the clunkiest dialogue ever, bad art and animation. No fun for the whole family.
December 4, 2011
This being my all time favorite bands, I have to watch this.
April 2, 2011
This being my all time favorite bands, I have to watch this.
March 9, 2009
i'm on a bit of a Pixies kick at the moment, so yeah, i'd like to see this.
April 18, 2008
FANTASTIC! Absolute favorite.
November 3, 2007
Film footage from before they were the ultimate rock band. All dressed in their worst looking sweat pants and rocking out all over Europe and the US. Some great performances and a good glimpse into the personalities behind the scenes.
July 14, 2007
The Pixies are quite possibly the best band to come out of America in 25 years. Highly influental on bands from Nirvana to Radiohead to Modest Mouse, the Pixies mixed raw aggression and abstract lyrics like no other band before them, practically creating the alternative rock genre that existed in the 90s, yet remaining unique like no other band from that movement. This DVD includes two documentaries, one contemporary featuring commentary from David Bowie and Bono and one made in 1988, all of the Pixies awful videos (in a good way) and an absolutely fantastic live concert from 1988.

First let's go over the bad: The music videos. Holy shit, these things may be the worst thing I've ever seen. The video for "Here Comes Your Man" is simply the band playing with Kim Deal and Black Francis opening their mouths whenever words occur. And that's probably the best of the bunch. The video for "Veluria" is the band running into a resivoir in super slow-mo and that's it. It's nice to have the videos on the DVD, but it's quite obvious the Pixies hate for music videos.

The rest of the video, though, is fantastic. Both documentaries are informative on the massive influence the Pixies had and also in revealing who these people were. I found it very refreshing realizing how everyday the members were, as cliched as that is. And my god the concert. Filmed in 1988, the concert features material from their early demo The Purple Tape, the Come on Pilgrim EP and their first album Surfer Rosa and it's simply fantastic. If ever you wanted to see the Pixies in their prime, look no further. For any Pixies fan, this is a must see.
½ June 17, 2007
interesting. I really liked the documentary part of the DVD. It had an interviews with tom York, bono, and david bowie. Where IS my head?
½ June 9, 2007
some cool extras, and good music OF COURSE
June 1, 2007
Great DVD a "must" for any fan of the pixies. Great extras and great show as always
March 28, 2007
This band is cool...
February 11, 2006
Amazing, awesome, every other word you could describe as good.
December 20, 2005
Fooking great for a fan and even non fans...Live performances are amazing...the videos are y'know kinda weak but still capture the magic and the on-tour/documentry is classic stuff...Buy