Plain Truth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Plain Truth Reviews

February 26, 2015
This was excellent for a TV movie.
I read the book it is based on by Jodi Picoult some time ago, and I enjoyed that, so I was very glad to have the chance to see this finally.
Alison Pill and Mariska Hargity were perfect in their roles. I really felt so sorry for Katie and all she went through.
Really something very different being set in the Amish community too.
January 9, 2015
What are a great story line, an original story line. Are the Hamish pure and innocent?
October 15, 2014
its a really great movie starring Mariska Hargitay also known as oliva beson starring in svu the tv show in this movie Ellie Harrison played byMariska Hargitay plays the role og a lawyer to help a young girl that refuses to say that she was once pregnant and then dont know what happend. as she trys hard to get the truth out of the young girl who says she has no idea what happend to her baby or should i say she says she was never pregnant .
FiLmCrAzY
March 17, 2014
An average drama that doesn't do any favours in liking the Amish community! Hargitay does her best with a poor script. Still she looks hot!
February 2, 2013
Absolutely LOVED this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For one thing, Mariska Hargitay is in it, but the story line is amazing too, and really interesting.
December 24, 2012
read the book want to see movie
October 18, 2012
Interesting twist at the end!
September 2, 2012
Great movie! Mariska Hargitay was amazing as usual. Unexpected twist at the end that I didn't see coming. Now I really want to read the book!
May 13, 2012
I enjoyed this movie. The plot has alot of twists and turns and the ending are good.
½ April 28, 2012
i got the movie it's super.i agree.
October 28, 2011
January 9, 2011
I generally tend to avoid Lifetime movies, and the few that I do watch, I don't usually care for. But this was actually quite good. I really only started watching this because I like Mariska Hargitay, but I was pleasantly surprised.
October 12, 2010
Interesting,compelling,eye opening,and very mysterious though the Amish have their own way of life with their rules and regulations not to mention a court system though i do not mock their ways i respect their ways but don't agree with their methods of doing things but the story itself is based on a book which i didn't know and it was surprising to see an Amish man being flexible with the outside world or at least seeing a side of the Amish people in a different light both good and bad plus the title of the film Plain Truth kinda goes with everything about teenage pregnancies.STDs or sexuality but i gotta say Mariska Hargitay man! she plays a hotshot Defense Lawyer at the top of her game but unfulfilled in her career but i love her work on Law&Order:SVU i think she was cast perfectly for this role but overall i loved the film and felt it will teach everyone a lesson in the truth but i felt the ending didn't do anyone justice
½ April 19, 2010
It was good, for a lifetime movie. Hargitay is the bomb.
½ April 19, 2010
It was good, for a lifetime movie. Hargitay is the bomb.
February 18, 2010
i love this movie MARISKA HARGITAY YOU ARE AWSOME
July 30, 2009
LOVE THIS MOPVIE ESPECIALLY MARISKA AHRGITAY
June 20, 2009
Mariska Rocked this movie
April 11, 2009
Very good movie with my favorite actress. Never saw the ending coming, wow!
March 27, 2009
Really good movie, lots of twists and turns and you will NOT see the ending coming at all, blew me away! Also has my most favorite actress, Mariska Hargitay in it!