Plainsong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Plainsong Reviews

½ October 16, 2012
Really liked the two old men in the movie .....
½ March 26, 2012
Very lose to the book and well acted. Music goes well with the story.
July 30, 2011
I have taught Plainsong for two years in a Colorado community college. Students like to read the stories as examples of how subplots can enhance the narrative as a whole. However, you say Ike and Bobby are mentally challenged??? Where do you infer THAT? Ridiculous! They are small-town boys full of curiosity, having to bear the weight of their parents' troubles. They experience death and life through their unique points of view, and represent typical boys.
September 13, 2010
A Hall Mark Hall of Fame "Gold Crown" Collector's Edition DVD that is very, very good.

Lives intertwine in a near Salt Lake City town, out in the wilds of Utah. A teacher has to decide what it means to pass a football diva... a girl decides who to live with after discovering she is heavy with child.... two boys lose their mother who is depressed and later lose a stranger women who dies old in her apartment above a barber shop.

This has the makings of a truely wonderful and Emmy winning film. But it did not make it, apparently. No one pushed for it. But we can watch it and delight in the experience of being informed about it.
April 25, 2010
No idea where this movie came from but I caught it on the Hallmark Channel and it was pretty, pretty good. It definitely benefited from having cast three of my favorites - Rachel Griffiths, Aidan Quinn and America Ferrara. A subtle, well-written story.