Planet Earth Reviews

• May 31, 2020

John Saxon is great as the time traveler that gets stuck in the future, but ends up being a slave to a race of women who drug men! Cheesy in some parts, but enjoyable but not to be taken too seriously.

• Aug 07, 2019

John Saxon just cannot act his way out of a paper bag. His performance ruined this show. Still, I am at a loss as to why Alex Cord's version of the show did not take off. It followed through far better than this one. Interestingly enough, Majel did get the premise going into a successful series as Andromeda.

• Dec 16, 2014

The semi sequel to Genesis 2. Yet again Gene Roddenberry manages to deliver a very strange science fiction film. I did enjoy the original actor who played Dylan Hunt but I think John Saxon is a welcomed bonus to the series. Definitely worth checking out.

• Jan 06, 2012

Gene Roddenberry was looking for another sci-fi series after Star Trek & Planet Earth was his 2nd attempt that wasn't picked up & the network decided to go w/ the 6 Million Dollar Man. 6 Million probably the better of the 2 but after watching Planet Earth it's too bad they passed because it probably could have survived a while & been a good follow up for the night. Now I may just be saying that because I like John Saxon & would have liked to see him as a TV star having more to watch from his personal catalogue. Not nearly as good as Star Trek but this pilot has a lot of charms w/ a society dominated by women that the submissive men were referred to as 'dinks'. How that ever got by the censors in beyond me. Dinks make for good breeding

• Feb 14, 2011

Dylan Hunt is back in GGene Roddenberry's second attempt to launch a series based on the concepts he developed for Genesis II (1973). This time, Hunt is played by John Saxon. A PAX scientist is shot by the mutant militaristic Keeg. There is a highly skilled PAX-trained doctor who can save the scientist but he has been captured by the Confederacy, a matriarchy were men are enslaved. This was filmed in 1974, and Roddenberry seems to be having some fun with the burgeoning feminist movement. Hunt infiltrates the Cenfederacy and ends up as the property of Dana Muldar (like the Tyrannians in the first film, the Confederacy dresses like ancient Romans with the amazons wearing dresses more appropriate for lounging in and not fighting in and I never see one carrying a weapon but they are suposedly fierce and feared warriors, go figure). There is a drug put in the men's food that saps their will and the Keeg want the secret of that drug and are closing in fast.