Planet Outlaws - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Planet Outlaws Reviews

April 16, 2016
Let me say right off the bat that at least for me, there were two things working in this film's favour even before I started it (as 2 nifty percent of my infamous Mill Creek 50-pack, 'Nightmare Worlds'): a) I love the old-time serials, a part a week at the theatres, each with a cliffhanger ending; and b) I'm a fan of Buster Crabbe, from seeing him previously both as Tarzan and in a Flash Gordon serial. Directors Beebe and Goodkind were masters at the format, and this is no exception (although since it's from the 30's, and with B-movie budgetary restrictions at that, I readily dismiss all negative comments from people complaining that for the 1950's, it's really crappy filmmaking--it's NOT from the 50's, but simply edited then into a feature-length film the company could then sell, most probably to television stations).

I enjoyed it, though I wish that instead of seeing this, I was watching the unedited, undiluted full serial that was originally made. I have read that the best and most exciting parts were edited out.
April 16, 2016

July 4, 2014
Very poor editing created a choppy story. This would be a good show once you had seen the original shorts.
½ March 6, 2014
From somewhere in the skies above us come, from time to time, flaming discs and weird phenomena--A charm of its own!!
December 16, 2012
Badly edited, but at least that has a reason (considering that it's pieces from a serial.) The acting, plot, and characters are pretty bad. The story doesn't come or go anywhere and things don't make a lot of sense. The film tries too hard to make decent characters that everything feels out of place.
August 14, 2011
Horribly edited, but still a lot of B movie fun.
August 14, 2011
Horribly edited, but still a lot of B movie fun.
November 9, 2009
Considering when this was filmed, it?s quite remarkable. Although the special effects are a bit crude, they weren?t back then and I am sure seemed rather amazing. The plot is a bit hokey, and the acting not the best, but it sure did entertain me.