Plasterhead Reviews

• May 27, 2015

Consistently unconvincing, dreadfully executed.

Consistently unconvincing, dreadfully executed.

• May 13, 2014

Not really what you call a "great horror movie"! But still good!

Not really what you call a "great horror movie"! But still good!

• May 13, 2014

[img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/88/1484888.jpg[/img] i purposely avoided this one at the video store. someone else in my party... did not. [b]plasterhead[/b] is about the legend of some truck driver guy who came into a hick town, and basically got the shit beat out of him. but he lived, i guess, because he bought enough gauze and corn starch to transform himself into the supposed-to-be-scary PLASTERHEAAAD. so basically, some kids come rolling through said town on their way to some spring break event, i guess, when they find a girls purse in the middle of a field (?!), and decide they should return it. they end up running out of gas and are stuck in the town of plasterhead, or something, and basically the b-rated goodness goes on from there. don't get me wrong... b-rate movies have a special place in my heart. but, there is a fine line between a good b-rate movie, and something that you should never watch. this, is one of the latter. 1. the 1, is for the name. much laughs on that one. -------------------------------------------------------------------- [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/custom/54/10006354.jpg[/img] [b]the other side[/b] had a better plotline, and a bit more substance to it. it was about a guy who comes back from college to see his girlfriend, only to have her kidnapped and killed before he ever sees her. in addition, while waiting for her, he manages to get run off the road and dies. however, during his stay in the director's interpretation of hell, "the pit", him and several other people manage to escape, thus given a second chance at life. BUT... are you crosseyed yet? there are reapers sent back from hell to collect the people who escaped "the pit", and so these people are basically running from them, while our main character is not only running, but searching for the killer of his girlfriend. classy stuff. i felt this one gave it a bit more of a valiant effort, and though it had some really corny and stupid parts to it, i enjoyed it for the most part. i'm going to go ahead and give it a 6.

• May 13, 2014

The Slut, The Black Guy, and Mister Normal USA College Boy and his girl menaced bymasked killer in the rural mountains in an abandoned house on the outskirts of a tiny town with no gas, and a belligerent, racist,redneck sheriff. This film contributes nothing new to the formula of the slasher flick. That said, I was amused. The acting was well done(mostly), and while nothing was groundbreaking, it's done well. Good at establishing mood, etc, for 90% of the movie. Ending felt a bit rushed. All in all, this is a solid 'Watch it once, and never again' movie.

• May 13, 2014

(** 1/2): Thumbs Down I sort of liked this one even though there really is nothing new here. I still can't quite recommend it but I think you could do worse.

• Dec 13, 2012

I watched this movie one day ago, and I already can't remember anything about it. Well, I do remember bad acting, bad directing, and general badness all around. It follows pretty much every slasher movie convention and manages to render itself completely uninteresting; even the obligatory nekkid girl showering scene. I also remember that I tuned it out around 45 minutes in, so I don't know how it ends. I would say I'm going to watch it again to pay more attention, but I know I won't. Neither should you. Low rating simply for leaving no impression.

• Sep 02, 2012

DVDs nowadays have all kinds of messages: This film has been formatted etc, etc, bonus materials are unrated and on and on. They really need to start including what format the film was shot on. If I had known this was shot on DV I wouldn't have bothered since DV (usually) equals no budget trash which is exactly what this is. Uneven acting, inconsistent annoying accents, crappy looking blood, not one decent kill and a clumsy-looking killer who so badly wants to be Michael Myers. Avoid at all cost.

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    Feb 16, 2012

Plasterhead is a derivative slasher film that unfortunately doesn't work. The film suffers from a low-budget, a horrible cast, bad directing and a bad plot. This film might have worked well in a different decade. This is a low-budget bore fest that doesn't do anything thrilling to entertain the viewer. I find that the idea behind the story was good, but this film's execution was poor and cliché. The problem with this is that it's a slasher film that came out two decades too late. Sure there has been Slasher films since then, an d most were good, but this one just doesn't deliver. The acting is horrible, and the film is boring. There's nothing going on for the first 40 minutes, and that's enough for you to be bored out of your mind, and lose interest in this film. The film had potential, unfortunately it's wasted on such a bad script, and the acting doesn't make this a good film to watch. Plasterhead is a forgettable film ion the Slasher genre, and there are far better films in this genre that you can watch. This film is low-budget trash, unfortunately that's not why this film is bad. The film is bad because it lacks anything interesting, and fails to deliver anything that will appeal to horror fans. This could have been a great film, but it fails to deliver what you'd expect, and when there's something going on, it's too little too late.

• Jan 25, 2012

Plasterhead (Kevin Higgins, 2006) Utterly generic slasher flick notable only for the appearance of scream queen Raine Brown (Horror). That it is generic, not to mention intensely stupid, is not why I hated it quite as much as I did, however. That is because the movie could have, with another revision or two to the script, had some very interesting things to say about race and vengeance (think Candyman here, naturally), but that part came off as nothing more than a confused muddle at best, a plot device at worst. Depending on which of the two interpretations you go with, the movie is either incompetent in the former case or offensively racist in the latter. I chose to at least give the screenwriter the benefit of the doubt. * 1/2

• Oct 11, 2011

A somewhat fun but predictable and poorly made backwoods slasher film, Plasterhead features a few good brutal deaths and thrills, but overall it remains a sub-par attempt to blend backwoods horror together with the more traditional slasher model.