Platinum Data Reviews

• Jan 22, 2017

Seria tão melhor se focasse mais na investigação e no plot político do que no drama do protagonista...

• Oct 08, 2014

Potential storyline actually. But then, overlong; the once again dragging execution (of Japanese films), Kazunari Ninomiya's lousy acting... are all the main drawbacks which made it so tedious.

• Feb 10, 2014

Platina Data is a Japanese thriller / sci-fi / mystery. I mainly watched it because Kazunari Ninomiya was in it, but I also found the premise of the movie interesting. In the movie, Japan is developing a DNA database that has everyone in it. The main goal is to be able to solve crimes more easily. However, already at the beginning we can see that they have taken DNA profiling to the next level. When people closely related to the program die, a surprising series of events start. More would be spoilers. I found the movie interesting. The story had me glued to the screen. Though frankly, I knew who the killer was halfway through. It's usually the case with me. I probably watch too many crime shows. What did keep me watching was Nino's character, whose story was an integral part of the movie. The cinematography was excellent. Some pictures I was tempted to pause, because it spoke of so much. Silence is always more difficult than dialogue. The main character is played by Nino. He's a scientist working on the DNA system. I have watched him in other movies, and I always find him very good. He made me forget that it was Nino that I was watching. The other main character is Detective Reiji Asama (Etsushi Toyokawa), who is tasked with figuring out who committed the murder. While being a prolific actor, I actually haven't seen him in anything, but I'm definitely going to hunt some of his work down now. Overall, this is an exciting movie. It has many twists and turns, and I didn't even see them all coming! Worth checking out, even if you have to read the subtitles. Cross-posted at http://unapologetic-reviews.blogspot.com

• Oct 04, 2013

Your average Japanese sci-fi film with not much buildup or suspense...just a generic sci-fi film with decent performances from Kazunari Ninomiya and Etsushi Toyokawa.