Playing for Keeps - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Playing for Keeps Reviews

½ October 23, 2014
Possibly Gerard Butler's worst movie yet.
October 9, 2014
I greatly enjoyed this movie - it was sweet, touching and funny! :) And Gerard Butler is in it which is always a plus! :)
October 5, 2014
this is the worst movie i have seen in years!!!
October 5, 2014
Un futbolista (Gerard Butler) se retira del fútbol y pasa por una mala racha económica, desempleado y buscando trabajo como periodista deportivo, logra hacerse de un espacio como DT de fútbol del equipo de su hijo, en donde sus encantos atraparán a las madres de otros chicos. En medio de una relación deteriorada con su ex mujer, George, el DT, no quiere darla por perdida y lucha para volver a conquistar a su mujer y de paso recuperar su familia. Con la actuación de Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman
September 20, 2014
The main character's decision making made no sense. "I still love my ex-wife and I'm here for my kid, but when these soccer moms hit on me, I have no choice, but to sleep with them."
September 14, 2014
Had some amusing moments. probably Butler's best film for a while, which isn't difficult let's face it. Makes a nice change to hear him with the Scottish accent too. A little soppy at the end for my liking tho.
September 3, 2014
It's has so many potential that are not come up well..
August 19, 2014
A really great cast for such a crappy movie.
½ July 31, 2014
Pleasant enough but you feel as though everybody involved could do far, far better than what we are given. Watch out for the avalanche of cliche, though.
½ July 27, 2014
Romantic comedy. Kid plays soccer. Dad coaches.
July 24, 2014
This movie had potential with such a big time cast, but fell flat on its face
July 20, 2014
Surprisingly cute and funny
July 15, 2014
Very predictable no questions asked...why movies end up like this
July 13, 2014
Another romantic movie with many famous actors.
½ July 6, 2014
I'm shocked at all of the bad ratings for this movie. I really liked it and how much sacrifice Gerad Butler's character showed in order to "do the right thing" for his family. This movie had romance, drama and even comedy. Masterful in my opinion.
July 3, 2014
Very enjoyable, funny, & full of emotion. Deals with a man finally maturing to accept responsibility for raising & caring for his son, and finding out that the time is finally right for him and his wife to get back together for the long term.
June 25, 2014
Or playing for good reviews.
June 23, 2014
The best part of this movie was how fine Gerry looked the whole time. And honestly that was the only reason I watched it in the first place.
½ June 19, 2014
One of the crappiest movies I've ever seen coming from it's cast you'd think that something would actually come from this movie but I felt bored and I didn't know what the point of this movie was supposed to be. Some movies now just get a bunch of good actors together and make a really bad film and you just gotta think why do these actors even agree to these movies. One of the crappiest movies you could spend your time watching.