Playing for Keeps - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

JohnSilver
½ January 17, 2015
Cucu et prà (C)visible
January 17, 2015
Some very good actors take part in this very average, run of the mill, romantic comedy. Nothing happens here that you cannot predict. There isn't even a twist of any sort. Plain as vanilla ice cream, but made sweeter by the ladies (Biel, Zeta-Jones, Thurman and even Greer). Innocuous.
December 27, 2014
the stars were great although the secondary characters were a bit two dimensional, we really cared about the people and what happened to them, and can't understand this low rating which almost kept us from watching the film.
November 7, 2014
So many tense moments and omg moments. A great film to watch with the girls.
½ October 25, 2014
While it was not as bad as critics would have you believe it isn't very good either. Playing for Keeps had promise and with a soccer backdrop I was hoping for a film that would connect the sport with an American audience but Playing for Keeps failed on many accounts even if it isn't as terrible as some would have you believe.
½ October 23, 2014
Possibly Gerard Butler's worst movie yet.
October 9, 2014
I greatly enjoyed this movie - it was sweet, touching and funny! :) And Gerard Butler is in it which is always a plus! :)
October 5, 2014
this is the worst movie i have seen in years!!!
September 20, 2014
The main character's decision making made no sense. "I still love my ex-wife and I'm here for my kid, but when these soccer moms hit on me, I have no choice, but to sleep with them."
September 14, 2014
Had some amusing moments. probably Butler's best film for a while, which isn't difficult let's face it. Makes a nice change to hear him with the Scottish accent too. A little soppy at the end for my liking tho.
September 3, 2014
It's has so many potential that are not come up well..
August 19, 2014
A really great cast for such a crappy movie.
½ July 31, 2014
Pleasant enough but you feel as though everybody involved could do far, far better than what we are given. Watch out for the avalanche of cliche, though.
½ July 27, 2014
Romantic comedy. Kid plays soccer. Dad coaches.
July 24, 2014
This movie had potential with such a big time cast, but fell flat on its face
July 20, 2014
Surprisingly cute and funny
July 15, 2014
Very predictable no questions asked...why movies end up like this
July 13, 2014
Another romantic movie with many famous actors.
½ July 6, 2014
I'm shocked at all of the bad ratings for this movie. I really liked it and how much sacrifice Gerad Butler's character showed in order to "do the right thing" for his family. This movie had romance, drama and even comedy. Masterful in my opinion.