Playing for Keeps - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Playing for Keeps Reviews

½ June 15, 2014
Ok movie Cliche But entertaining abut not that good but ok movie C+
May 27, 2014
Overall an OK movie. Nice story line, sometimes too complicated, but yet simple and predictable. Typical out of reality happy "holy wood" ending.
April 19, 2014
the best of the film is the ending song: synthesizers by butch walker and the black widows.
April 9, 2014
Cute movie about a father that grows up while becoming a dad.
½ March 28, 2014
Not so funny but the cast is brilliant
March 20, 2014
It's easy to say, what's wrong here - everything. How such good actors ended up in this movie, I've no idea. Such cheap stories in movies don't have to be done with any talent at all. And what happened to Muccino? How somebody who made Seven Pounds could have made something like this? These are questions without answers. With that, haven't such story about retired sportsman been used in movies like thousand times, it still.. no, what's funny, you know how they say? The gun on the wall should definitely be used some time later in the story. Here in the plot there are like thousand of such guns - but non of them actually makes a shot.
March 17, 2014
This should have been a great movie with its all-star cast but it was a total dud. Boring and unamusing. Desperate housewives throwing themselves at the soccer coach. How original.
½ March 15, 2014
Such a huge star cast is just waste.
Stories tell glamour will end some day soon, so wake up.
February 28, 2014
While the cast headed by Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Judy Greer is amazing, its idea and script are cute and nice and its pace and flow is good, Playing for Keeps ultimately is a film that wastes its potential thanks to its hokey dialogue and flat character development.
February 13, 2014
Sweet, funny and easy to watch. Entertaining when you are in a mood for something light. Gerard Butler keeps getting sexier with age. Nothing more but who was expecting otherwise?
½ January 29, 2014
Ive seen better for sure, but I've also seen tons more worse. Look I can see where others could have a problem with this movie, it's sappy, full of cliches, and seems to be driven by a man created Rom Com fantasy, but again it's watchable, which is saying a lot for movies in the sports/rom com mash genre.
January 26, 2014
This film got absolutely bashed by critics but I honestly didn't mind it, Yes it is full of flaws but which rom-com Isn't? It has It's moments and It's worth a watch. I say RENT IT!!!
½ January 21, 2014
What a piece of crap. Horrible does not explain it.
January 4, 2014
Not a horrible movie, it was pretty good. It had its funny moments but overall it was a cute movie. It kept me entertained and that's all that matters.
December 14, 2013
A cute movie. Predictable, but worth a watch and well done. Love Gerard Butler!
December 6, 2013
Interesting film of a love affair with sports, and a whole host of top actors/actresses each playing their hand in the game to make a man realise what is important.
December 5, 2013
I really thought the bounty hunter was gerald worst role but I was wrong. this is about as dumb as "who takes who to the dance" episodes on tv.
December 1, 2013
Great story, not the greatest but not the worst.
½ November 28, 2013
Une comédie romatique classique.
November 28, 2013
Wasn't bad. Good chick flick.