Playing Mona Lisa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Playing Mona Lisa Reviews

July 16, 2012
Full of sarcasim, and intellegence, i can't get over How much i LOVE this film and the new found apprecitation for Alica Witts. Your forever inlove with this movie. Based In san francisco,'Alicia Witt' is a talented pianist, but dumb founded with love. After faking declined acceptance into a prestigist school her mentor shakes the sense into her not giving up hope with talent so rare. Her Boyfriend dumps her in the most humilating way. Her friends are strange one who cautious about love, and the other numb and forgotten the feeling. The movie intercepts with the others and in the end its like a chain reaction creating the ultimate show down. There is nothing i'd change, it's diffently one of a kind. Alicia Witts is hidden Talent, that hopefully the world will see more of.
August 6, 2011
Considered average but Alicia Witt can't do funny not a single laugh.
July 4, 2011
I couldn't get through it; maybe because it's 2011, not really sure, it just didn't interest me.
August 11, 2009
All-star cast drenched in good writing, & flooded with comedy! Lots of good points are made throughout the entire movie. Storyline is girl loves boy. Boy dumps girl. Girl must pick up the pieces & move on...? EVERY SINGLE ACTOR in this film will carry you through life's little problems in the most humorous way!
½ December 19, 2008
Every tired convention is readily evident in the first and last five minutes of this film - and in every minute in-between.
November 5, 2007
Runs through a bunch of story lines without too much confusion, but a bit far fetched and a little too melodramatic and cliche. Kinda like what happens when John Hughes movies grow up.
September 26, 2007
guzel, tavsiye ederim. ama senede 1 cnbce veriyo ;)
August 14, 2007
i've seen this movie about 1823712361273 times. its soo dumb, but funny :)
August 5, 2007
Wonderful. That is all I need to say.

oh and...
"Leap. The net will follow."
July 23, 2007
Probably one of my favorite movies of all time. This is film that says so much and it's not what you expect. You can't help but laugh at the reality of it all.
July 19, 2007
Oh sweet jesus I love this movie. Little funny things that other people most likely would not find funny that I do find funny. A girl loses her way after getting dumped by her college guy the night after he proposes. She's trying to get over him and become the next "it" in the classical music world in the process. Her friends are freaking funny.
½ June 9, 2007
Who hasn't had one of those days, or weeks, etc.
½ June 6, 2007
it's a silly movie about recovering from a bad brake up....but people can relate to it in sooooo many ways that you can't even imagine... I really like it!
June 4, 2007
Caught this on television one afternoon. Basically the female lead was a pianist and her boyfriend and her was supposed to go to this music conservatory together. but after her boyfriend got rejected, he broke up with her. So she lies about not getting in to the school as well but turns out he was two timing her. So she went back to her dysfunctional family living the lie that she did not make it to music school and hence returns home as a failure. Her parents are in a dysfunctional relationship. It's ultimately a family drama which presents the theme of growing up and growing old. The last scene of the parents dancing on the rooftop with the mama and papa's if you go to san francisco playing was once of the most memorable scenes.
½ March 27, 2007
i think it is so silly and all nonsence. it is horrible and u wonyt even know wat is the story?!!!!!
January 2, 2007
jewish movie
½ November 27, 2006
LMAO! Ive LOVED this movie since I was like 13, a lot of people have never even heard of it... so you should all go rent it, its really funny (and theres a romance story too)
May 10, 2006
esta clase de pelicula estan en la categoria de bobas favoritas