Please Don't Eat the Daisies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Please Don't Eat the Daisies Reviews

January 4, 2010
A story about a crazy family. The husband is working and becomes a frustrated snob, the wife is witty, energetic and patient, the children are worse than the Scavo boys (with the youngest one kept in a cage) and the dog is neurotic. Something that would be among Lorelai Gilmore's favourites and certainly is among mine.
October 23, 2009
I actually thought it was kind of boring, and predictable. The kids were cute though.
½ July 26, 2009
Don't tune into much Doris Day, but there wasn't anything else on TV, I do like David Niven though and this is a classy light comedy with funny moments
½ July 3, 2009
used to love laying on the couch sunday afternoons, coal fire... watching a Doris Day film.
½ April 5, 2009
SAw it in the sixties and then again in 2009.

I cannot believe how the movie has dated and most certainly would not appeal today. for the life of me cannot think why I thought it was a comedy!!!
½ March 30, 2009
Worth it for the catastrophically translated "fanny" conversation alone.
½ March 12, 2009
Cute and wholesome...
February 27, 2009
Doris Day and David Niven
January 30, 2009
i really don't think much of this movie. of course i haven't seen in it quite some time
January 17, 2009
Cute, but some social messages did not age well and may offend. Also, I was expecting more comedy and less drama. What's with the two random song numbers?...It wasn't a musical, and it slowed the film down. Loved the 'kid in a cage.'
January 12, 2009
Not as funny as expected and it tackled more social and marriage issues for the time. The best part was when two of the characters were in different elevators and they both thought they were in the same one just talking to them (whilst getting funny looks from people) and they both walk out at the same time and one's talking and they dont even notice. That made it more worth it. I liked the actors a lot in this, but I'm not sure if I'm just not connecting with the material of the time, or if it just lacked in the story....
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
December 26, 2008
Went on and on. Not really a comedy, either.
November 28, 2008
...stayed up late to see this one.

it isn't really a musical (only two numbers that i recall) and not much of the comedy remains... so, forty years on it seems much more of a drama and not a great one, but niven and day are enjoyable.

yup, i prefer the 60's television series to the film.
October 17, 2008
this is my FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!
October 1, 2008
GOOD MOVIE WORTH WATCHING.
August 18, 2008
doris day and david niven rock!!! :)
August 13, 2008
Entertaining, but a little slow moving. A little weird when Doris Day breaks into random song at the kids play group. It was a little heavy on the, "women need to be housewives and please their husbands" theme. Did not age well.
August 11, 2008
Slow plot, and the plot summary isn't accurate. It doesn't have much to do with them moving to the country, but instead deals with the male lead's struggle with new-found fame. Unfortunately, it wasn't very funny; should be labeled a drama.
August 10, 2008
Cute movie - how can you not like Doris Day?