Please Give Reviews

• May 21, 2018

Catherine Keener and Oliver Platt make a lovely couple, even if he’s a horny schmuck. Sarah Steele as their daughter works. Good movie. Simple. 👍🏻

• May 10, 2017

Really good with multiple story lines and strong characters intertwining and trying to get through life.

• Dec 04, 2016

I really liked Kate. She came across so real to me. And I like the way her and Alex behaved in their relationship, especially when certain things happened which didn't necessarily get revealed to all involved. Everyone is leading their own individual lives, and yet their are interwoven in each others. I also almost always love a movie set in NYC!

• Apr 03, 2016

Surprised and delighted.

Surprised and delighted.

• Jun 24, 2015

Nicole Holofcener is a brilliant writer/director. Her comedies are so witty! Please Give is a wonderful addition to her collection of movies about real people living in real times. Catherine Keener is superb.

• May 24, 2015

Nicole Holofcener often seems to be picking up a ball that Woody Allen dropped a long time ago. Please Give has the smart observations of overly educated and somewhat wealthy people neurotically trying to either apologize or validate their place in the culture and society. While this movie has some very funny moments, it is filled with an astute observations relating to cultural guilt and a sort of ethical ennui that is all too real. This film works on all levels.

• Apr 01, 2015

For me Please Give was just like all other movies written and directed by Nicole Holofcener. Nothing special. I appreciated the movie's unpredictability and how true to life it really is when it comes to all the emotions that were expressed in it. But for me there was never really a hook, there was never anything that made me want to stay there until the end. Something that made me want to see what would happen next. This made me lose focus sometimes and made me focus on other things than the actual movie. In the end it just wasn't very memorable and it left me as soon as I'd finished watching it.

• Nov 03, 2014

A good drama comedy about a woman dealing with the moral issues of today. Kate is a complex character struggling to live well and be a good person and raise her child not to be materialistic, when poverty, homelessness and sadness are right outside her door.

• Jul 12, 2014

A vivid, character driven story filled with laughs and heartache, and supported by a perfect cast. The preview is forgettable but the film is not; a diamond in the rough -- see it if you can find it.

• Jul 01, 2014

I feel like invoicing the director of this one for a slice of my life, that I desperately want back.