Please Stand By - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Please Stand By Reviews

½ June 26, 2018
7.5 out of 10. Good movie, didn't like one of the scenes but overall enjoyed it.
June 26, 2018
I wasn't expecting much from this movie but I gave it a shot for my all time favorite child actor Dakota Fanning and she did deliver. I'm glad she proves that she is still a force to be reckon with. The movie was amazing from the start till the end. Moving and interesting.
June 23, 2018
Amazing movie and great acting by Dakota Fanning!
May 20, 2018
this was an incredibly sweet movie. Dakota Fanning did a good job portraying a conflicted character and Patton Oswalt was amazing in a very supportive role. Definitely see this movie.
½ May 13, 2018
5/13/2018
An autistic girl with an unbelievable talent for storytelling attempts to personally deliver her entry for a Star Trek contest. This somehow gave me a Little Miss Sunshine vibe. Must have been Toni Collette.
May 13, 2018
I love this movie. It reminds me of I am Sam.
½ May 8, 2018
I am really no great fan of emotional movies, but once in a while a story comes along which is so outstanding that it grabs one deeply, even me. This story of an autistic girl who has to conquer and surpass her limitations to fulfill her dream reminds one of all those millions of people with some certain disabilities across the planet who encounter their demons on a daily basis. The most frustrating fact about this is that the bigger part of society unfortunately looks down on them and treats them like dirt while they are generally folks like you and I who just had a bit more of bad luck, genetically, because of an accidents, a disease, etc.. This heartwarming flick lets you actually take part of this world and drags you into the worries and feelings those persons encounter in their routines and partly lets you become mentally integrated. Few movies about disabled people do achieve this. A big thumbs up for an excellent directing job as well as a superb performance by Dakota. 7 1/2 of 10 points.
April 30, 2018
Great! another movie about Star Trek that created it was a luceferian and Spock represents the devil with his devil horns being posted. Why are we doing this? make hell on earth to cleanse it of humanity?!?
February 24, 2018
Please Stand By and let me do my thing
Dakota Fanning, Alice Eve, Patton Oswalt, and Toni Collette
even a special needs kid shows a lot of creativity, passion and potential
Fanning is so excellent playing a girl who needs monitoring but wants so badly to win a Star Trek script contest for $100,000 so she wont burden her sister anymore and so she can be close to her niece
after their mother died her sister took her in as long as she could
for Wendy she feels so much like Spock meaning that it's hard for her to express her emotions and be more logical and articulate than most
she runs away to submit her script braving her own independence
'the purpose of the universe is to conquer it, not be afraid of it'
she's boldly going where she hasn't before and even her sister is amazed by how resourceful she is
having autism or not Wendy is still very talented
this almost made me tear up at one point, too
it's one of her best performances to date
February 15, 2018
Loved Dakota in this movie. The ratings don't due the movie justice.
½ February 12, 2018
Dakota fanning's Please Stand By will surely have you in tears, from start to finish the film radiates hope and confidence, It deals with the touching subject of autism and it approaches it in a very heartfelt way where autism is more of motivation than a problem, Dakota Fanning delivers an amazing and poignant performance where she highlights the difficulties of living with autism in a unique way where fiction and writing are a therapy to all that is bad in life, what sticks out with this film is the purity of it all, it doesn't bait you for empathy or pity but it calls for you to understand and experince what does it feel like, just for that Please Stand By is an excellent film that holds so much passion into it and it certainly feels good to watch it.
February 11, 2018
Decent. Light and mildly uplifting drama.
½ February 9, 2018
This is a very gentle movie for the best of reasons. The people who need to see this movie are often put off by violence. They can be made uncomfortable by loud noise, crowds of people, or profanity. The people who need to see this movie may or may not have been labeled as autistic, or OCD, or maybe they just care about someone like that. So, don't expect too much violence, or blood, or shouting, or anything that could trigger a meltdown.
Oh, and if you have ever loved Star Trek, you might like this movie, too.
February 8, 2018
As a father of two autistic children I can just say that her performance in the movie was spot on. No two individual are exactly the same, especially autistic people. I loved the movie!
February 7, 2018
Dakota Fanning gets her layup shot with the easy Hollywood trope of mental illness (nearly always Oscar material performances due to sympathy, see Rain Man), and does well as a woman who dreams of submitting her Star Trek script to Paramount Studios. It's a nice story without a lot of waxy yellow buildup, even if predictable.
February 3, 2018
Good movie overall. As a Star Trek fan there were parts of the movie that were great. Entertaining and funny.
February 2, 2018
Dakota Fanning in one of her best performances. Movie engaging from start to finish. Very original and authentic
February 1, 2018
Mental illness can be such a complex subject, especially when the main character of the movie is suffering with it. Usually, Hollywood will either gloss over it, or over dramatize it. This movie is so subtle that it draws you in, right from the start. It gets a little slow at some points and can even be a little predictable. But it pays off with some good humor and good drama. This is a chuckle movie, not a laugh out loud comedy. It's a drama that will have you shedding a tear in spots, but doesn't bring you down. And if you don't cry at the end, you have no heart. It's well worth the watch, and the payoffs are real.
January 29, 2018
While it doesn't break new ground on the drama surrounding autism or even Star Trek, it has its heart in the right place, while never getting too formulaic to kill its plot. Yet it comes close to....
January 29, 2018
it was so meaningful and emotional