Pledge Reviews

• Oct 31, 2020

An indie horror about college life from Hulu. A group of three friends, being rejected from many frats, joined a social club, and the pledge turned out to be more than what they expected. The main substance from this movie was supposed to be the grossness and the violence of the torture. However, I did not find them as violent and entertaining as I wanted to. This is probably due to the low budget of the movie. Despite this, the ending of the movie was pretty decent, and I quite enjoyed that part. Overall, a pretty okay horror for an indie movie. 7/10

• Oct 03, 2020

this was much better than i was expecting it to be! gave me "Would You Rather" type vibes. & i really loved the twist on perspective at the end. i also just really liked how the story progressed & ended in general. well done!

• Sep 13, 2020

It's not without flaws but Pledge comes so close to being amazing. The story takes some time to kick off but once it does there's no stopping. It's intense, gory and disturbing. Definitely worth watching.

• Jul 18, 2020

How does dreck like this get made? A painful watch with an unbearable ending.

How does dreck like this get made? A painful watch with an unbearable ending.

• Jan 07, 2020

Worst film I've ever seen

Worst film I've ever seen

• Dec 04, 2019

short thriller. way better than I expected.

short thriller. way better than I expected.

• Nov 12, 2019

Started OK, but never really got better. “Haze”, is a much better frat boy thriller.

• Oct 12, 2019

I didn't know what to expect from "Pledge" & I'm happy to say that it turned out to be a tight little indie horror/thriller. We've seen the idea hundreds of times before, yet the director and writer managed to serve an old formula with some additional garnish. Things I liked about "Pledge" includes cinematography and editing - considering the obviously low budget, it's simply yet beautifuly shot and executed, visually it's quite appealing, starting with wide variety of shots and ending with feels-right color grading. I also enjoyed the gore & choreography - both things do not take up a lot of screentime, but when they're there, you can appreciate the effort & the result. I was also surprised about the acting, which was more decent than my sceptical mind was expecting, given the little known, young team of actors. However, the characters were not all that great - David was just begging to get killed, being quite an annoying character. The three main villains did not impress, scare or have any real impact on me as well, they were slightly underwhelming. The story is simple, entertaining, with small twists here and there - definitely holds your attention just enough. All in all, "Pledge" will not make you go "wow", but it will entertain You for 75 straight minutes & satisfy the appetite for a good indie horror flick. A solid 6/10.

• Jun 19, 2019

If you like bad acting, B horror, and torture films this might be up your alley. Other than that noting new here

• May 17, 2019

This was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Terrible acting and a horrible plot. I don't understand why it has high ratings.