Plymouth Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Plymouth Adventure Reviews

November 28, 2014
"The Growth of the Human Spirit brings it closer to all human beings, I was alone, now I'm with my Fellows" ~a formerly Crass & Jaded Capt. Christopher Jones (Spencer Tracy), Capt. of the Mayflower.This line may possibly be my favorite words ever spoken.
A Rag Tag bunch of Misfit Pilgrim Quakers,their Trials & Tribulations on their courageous Journey on the Mayflower to start life in the yet Wilderness of America.A Stellar Ensemble Cast that includes Spencer Tracy, Gene Tierney, Van Johnson, Lloyd Bridges, Leo Genn, Dawn Addams, John Dehner, to name a few that brought these larger than life Historic Characters to life so memorably.This will from now on, forever be, a Thanksgiving Tradition.
½ March 3, 2014
Plymouth Adventure is a decent film. It is about the trials and tribulations beset the one hundred odd settlers that journey to Virginia in 1620 including unexpectedly arriving in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Spencer Tracy and Van Johnson give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places but still entertaining. Clarence Brown did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and adventure.
½ October 21, 2012
Dull pilgrim soap opera aboard the Mayflower. Try "The New World" instead of this silly pilgrim nonsense.
½ October 16, 2012
so so historical pic the last of director clarence brown
April 5, 2012
An interesting film about the Pilgrim's first landing in America.
½ August 11, 2010
Not bad. Promised to be fairly boring, but turned out to be reasonably interesting, especially considering the great historical context. Some decent intrigues, machinations and human relationship subplots. (How much of these are true is one for the historians, though!).
March 6, 2010
Impressive production, fine art direction, the costumes are decent. It does lack period flavor though, the women?s hairstyles have a 1950?s look, but at least their was an effort made. Good and vivid color cinematography and sincere performances. Highly fictionalized, but after all it is Hollywood in 1952. An Oscar winner for best special effects. It?s not a great film, but I was always interested in the story. Clarence Brown's last film.
March 6, 2010
65/100. Impressive production, fine art direction, the costumes are decent. It does lack period flavor though, the women's hairstyles have a 1950's look, but at least their was an effort made. Good and vivid color cinematography and sincere performances. Highly fictionalized, but after all it is Hollywood in 1952. An Oscar winner for best special effects. It's not a great film, but I was always interested in the story. Clarence Brown's last film.
September 14, 2009
how in the world did they let him make a movie this funny lol sike
flixsterman
June 27, 2009
If you're a student of American history this one will certainly make you cringe. Hollywood's fact altering melodrama casts Spencer Tracy as the captain of the Mayflower who, rather reluctantly, is charged with delivering pilgrims to the new world. With a shipload of recognizable faces that include Gene Tierney, Lloyd Bridges and Van Johnson you'd expect this historical epic to be a lauded piece of film history. It is not. There is enough deceit, betrayal and adultery here to rival most soap operas. Tracy's character is so one dimensional, so unlikeable, that the H.M.S. Bounty's Captain Bligh looks rather charming in comparison.

Watch this if you must but don't come crying to me when the credits roll. You've been warned!