Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World Reviews

½ September 18, 2016
TERRIBLE, if you watched the first it will ruin your mind, I'm trying to forget it never happened
½ July 11, 2016
To be fair, it does came up with an small effort of putting together a logical story, serving as a decent follow up, but it lacks the charm and visual delight of the first film, and even that one lacked a strong vibe of a classic Disney feat.
June 30, 2016
They messed up this movie not good
March 13, 2016
Definitely not as good as the first one!
February 20, 2016
I love it. It's far better than the first one, and is more historically accurate than it, as well. Honestly, I'd wished for them to make a third, although they didn't. I fell in love, and I can't see how one cannot fall in love with this beautiful movie. I know I'm in the minority, but I am proud to say that I support John Rolfe over John Smith any day.
½ January 29, 2016
I thought this movie was good but what made me sad is Pocahontas does not end up with John Smith. And I did not think Pocahontas looked good in address and how she styled her hair. But is was a ok movie funny parts. My two favorite characters were John Ralph and John Smith
September 10, 2015
Historically more accurate than it's predecessor, but in the end, kind of useless (like pretty much all Disney sequels)
August 30, 2015
Was worst than the first one
½ August 22, 2015
Terrible music and a weak plot line, couldn't create a successful sequel for the masterpiece that was the first film.
August 21, 2015
Not much to expect from a direct to video Disney sequel. It has an usually dull storyline, as well as extremely bland characters, with the exception of the animals perhaps. The songs were a downright disappointment, as I failed to enjoy every single one of them... and really, we didn't even get a villain song? Or maybe I don't just recall it, because I really forgot most of this movie the moment I switched it off. If this was a theatrical release, I would have been a lot more harsh, but props to Disney for just keeping it a direct to video project. I would say that the animation is excellent, because most of the time it is, but I could have sworn there were a dozen times where the voices were not properly matched up to the mouths, leaving some shoddy looking scenes. It will probably entertain a child with nothing else, but for older audiences it will be one long trip to Yawnsville.
July 16, 2015
the movie is great see it know
½ June 22, 2015
This ruins the first movie completely. It shouldn't exist.
½ June 9, 2015
Worst movie ever, the first movie was awesome showing how much Pocahontas and John Smith loved each other, but now she falls in love with someone else and leaves John Smith. The second movie should have them ending up together since they couldn't on the first one. This ending destroyed the whole thing!!
April 18, 2015
Okay I know the story of Pocahontas is not accurate and politically correct. However it is a good sequel compared to some of the other Disney sequels. It seemed like a lot of the 90s animated film sequels were usually about the main character(s) or their kids going back to the past. Pocahontas 2 does not follow this formula and actually goes forward in time. There are some plot holes, narrative issues, and lower animation quality but there is great action and comic relief.
April 1, 2015
Just as good as the first one
November 10, 2014
Listen to your heart and DO NOT watch this charmless sequel. Stick to the original.
September 18, 2014
Not as good as the original because of the ordinary DTV silliness, but it's still an okay sequel, if you're not a kid and can sit through it. (B-)
September 12, 2014
I'd have to agree, i had high hopes for this one - the twist in history isn't appealing and doesn't make sense. If you want to keep pocahontas as good as the first one, i truly recommend you don't watch this.
August 28, 2014
Yeah, this one was just bad.
July 30, 2014
(First and only viewing - 2/11/2011)