Point Break - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Point Break Reviews

½ April 8, 2016
This movie is so fucking cool. Is it cheesy, Yeah, But the films strengths lie in it's Action, interesting characters, Charisma in the cast, Quotability and it's great, strange, yet very original plot. It even has Anthony Kiedis from 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' in it, You can't get more 90's than that. Don't forget the legendary Gary Busey plays Keanu Reeves FBI partner. So Awesome. It's one of my favorite movies. THE REMAKE IS A PIECE OF SHIT
½ April 7, 2016
Some good 80s/90s cheese. Young dumb Keanu vs the golden lion that is Swayze... Ending was kind of dumb but there are some scenes you can get lost in.
April 3, 2016
Keanu Reeves stars as Johnny Utah, an undercover FBI rookie who is teamed up with Gary Busey to investigate a series of bank robberies and bring justice to those responsible. Filled with action and a great, well-balanced original story, Point Break is one of 1991's best films of the year! ????? Delivers the goods.
½ March 30, 2016
Liked the newer one better.
March 26, 2016
It's stupid, it's cheesy but with a proper 90's feel to it's action sequences, it's insanely fun to watch.

B+
March 24, 2016
orginalot so Keanu Reeves i Patrick Swayze
March 14, 2016
"22 years. Man, L.A. has changed a lot during that time" The air got dirty and the sex got clean.
Since 1991, I have been modelling my life on Angelo Pappas. Busy defines the balls. Reeves is such a shit actor and I love him for it. The surf Nazi gang with black member crack me up. That scene with Utah unloading his pistol in the air is probably the most emotional moment in the history of cinema. Some unbelievable dialogue from Pappas "Harp, I want to tell you something. I was in this bureau when you were still popping zits on your funny face and jerking off with the lingerie section of the sears catalogue" and the excellent ", Listen you snot-nose little shit, I was takin' shrapnel in Khe Sanh when you were crappin' in your hands and rubbin' it on your face". Love the soundtrack aswell Hendrix - If 6 was 9, PIL - Criminal and Love 7 and 7 is,
½ March 12, 2016
I'd say I didn't quite like the original in the very first place.
½ March 9, 2016
I was highly disappointed with this film after expecting much more. The movie is unclear on what it's trying to do as the movie turns to a mess in the last act.
½ February 14, 2016
Pretty good Sunday afternoon veg movie.
February 14, 2016
How have I not seen this until now? With the remake hitting the cinemas I thought I would catch the original as my memory of it was quite vague, well it turns out that was because I've never seen it! The story may be a little silly in places (especially the ending) but ultimately it is a fun and enjoyable movie. Patrick Swayze especially stood out for me as his character is a whole world apart from anything I have ever seen him play before. This is certainly a film I will go back to and the remake has a lot to live up to.
February 12, 2016
Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 crime thriller, is a superbly crafted film, which features, a great script, some top notch performances (especially from Swayze) & excellently choreographed scenes involving both surfing and skydiving.
Patrick Swayze steals the film as the charismatic, Bodhi. Where as Keanu Reeve's performance isn't totally great, but it is one of his very few that doesn't come out as wooden or annoying. The actor's performances are mainly due to how well the script is written. Supporting performances come from Lori Petty & Gary Busey (in what I would call his best performance).
Point Break is an extremely enjoyable, action thriller and puts the on screen friendships and loyalties to the test and you can almost feel the tension in Keanu Reeve's head as he figures out what he has to do. This showcases an extremely believable bond of friendship.
February 9, 2016
One of my fave actions movies. Great acting, characters and passion.
½ February 1, 2016
Like most of the best action films, "Point Break" is utterly ridiculous and completely entertaining.
January 29, 2016
10 years before Paul Walker was an undercover street racer driving with Vin Diesel Keanu Reeves was an undercover surfer hanging with Patrick Swayze.
This is a fun action movie with with little cheesy dialogue.
Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze are a fun storm of awesomeness together.
No faith in the remake.
January 25, 2016
Excellent movie. A real classic. I wish more of today's movies were made like this, i.e. real characters and real action, but no CGI.
January 23, 2016
82%
Point Break is a memorable movie with great quotes and a story that keeps you hooked.

V: 60%
½ January 23, 2016
shwayze n Keanu nuff fukin said
½ January 20, 2016
predictable and cliched
January 18, 2016
This was a huge let down for me. definitely not one of the best action movies of the 90's like some say it is. Speed was better.