Point Break - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Point Break Reviews

February 14, 2016
How have I not seen this until now? With the remake hitting the cinemas I thought I would catch the original as my memory of it was quite vague, well it turns out that was because I've never seen it! The story may be a little silly in places (especially the ending) but ultimately it is a fun and enjoyable movie. Patrick Swayze especially stood out for me as his character is a whole world apart from anything I have ever seen him play before. This is certainly a film I will go back to and the remake has a lot to live up to.
February 12, 2016
Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 crime thriller, is a superbly crafted film, which features, a great script, some top notch performances (especially from Swayze) & excellently choreographed scenes involving both surfing and skydiving.
Patrick Swayze steals the film as the charismatic, Bodhi. Where as Keanu Reeve's performance isn't totally great, but it is one of his very few that doesn't come out as wooden or annoying. The actor's performances are mainly due to how well the script is written. Supporting performances come from Lori Petty & Gary Busey (in what I would call his best performance).
Point Break is an extremely enjoyable, action thriller and puts the on screen friendships and loyalties to the test and you can almost feel the tension in Keanu Reeve's head as he figures out what he has to do. This showcases an extremely believable bond of friendship.
February 9, 2016
One of my fave actions movies. Great acting, characters and passion.
½ February 1, 2016
Like most of the best action films, "Point Break" is utterly ridiculous and completely entertaining.
January 29, 2016
10 years before Paul Walker was an undercover street racer driving with Vin Diesel Keanu Reeves was an undercover surfer hanging with Patrick Swayze.
This is a fun action movie with with little cheesy dialogue.
Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze are a fun storm of awesomeness together.
No faith in the remake.
January 25, 2016
Excellent movie. A real classic. I wish more of today's movies were made like this, i.e. real characters and real action, but no CGI.
January 23, 2016
82%
Point Break is a memorable movie with great quotes and a story that keeps you hooked.

V: 60%
½ January 23, 2016
shwayze n Keanu nuff fukin said
½ January 20, 2016
predictable and cliched
January 18, 2016
This was a huge let down for me. definitely not one of the best action movies of the 90's like some say it is. Speed was better.
January 17, 2016
This is actually a pretty good movie. Quite unique for a cop movie. It makes surfing look cool and gives you a glimpse at the surfer's life. Once you think all you're gonna see is surfing, it shifts gears and gets more into the exciting undercover cop stuff. It has a great chase sequence. The two main leads develop a really interesting bond which helps drive the last third. It takes itself pretty serious, but it works well. This may appeal mostly to young adults.
January 17, 2016
A good opening and a couple of memorable lines don't make up for frequent lack of thrills and moments of monotony.
January 15, 2016
Boasted by hot blooded charisma, impressive stunt work and the excellent bromance between it's leads. Point Break is a well crafted action pic with a good mix of 80's plot and 90's thrills.
January 11, 2016
A classic action film that does everything right, from character development to story arcs. The epilogue between the main characters is something sorely missing from many of today's rushed, over-too-quickly films.
January 4, 2016
A fun movie with a memorable performance from Patrick Swayze, but ultimately too silly to fully recommend. Keanu Reeves is mostly in his wheelhouse here, but he has had better performances and is pretty wooden in this. The action sequences are solid and there's enough suspense to keep you interested, but the script and screenplay are let down by outlandish plot elements and predictability. That was ultimately my biggest complaint, but it is certainly well directed by Kathryn Bigelow. If you want a mindless action film with some nice locales and action scenes, you can do worse. Just don't expect Shakespeare.
January 3, 2016
Awesome! A Classic action movie!
January 2, 2016
much better than that remake
½ December 31, 2015
This movie is stupid but man I love it so much from great action to its ending that just blow my mind directing was good
½ December 30, 2015
One at 90s action movies with cast being fine and a schlock like plot with surfers being robbers. It's serviceable to please action movies fans.
½ December 28, 2015