Pokemon - The Movie 2000 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pokemon - The Movie 2000 Reviews

½ November 17, 2016
There are some elements that this movie does better than the first like the animation and the villain, even though he's not spectacular at least he's not inconsistent. The music is great and the action and adventure was alot of fun, and I like it how the stakes are high in the movie. But, it's not worth something what I like to call a masterpiece like Toy Story as it does suffer with its 50-50 jokes, Team Rocket is not as entertaining as they were in the first movie, the moral has nothing to do with the plot, and what the movie suffers with the most is its plot holes. While the first movie was a mixed bag, this movie is kinda average.
½ September 29, 2016
15%? These are probably the same Marvel fanboy critics. THIS MOVIE WAS LEGENDARY!!!! D:<
½ September 24, 2016
3.5/5. Waaaaaayyyyyy better than the first Pokemon movie. It's actually pretty exciting and fun, and Ash isn't a complete scrub for once.
August 29, 2016
Le deuxième film Pokémon a au moins le mérite de rattraper une des erreurs du premier opus : le film ressemble beaucoup plus à un vrai film et non pas à trois épisodes collés les uns aux autres. Malheureusement, c'est le seul apport de Pokémon 2 : Le Pouvoir est en toi. En effet, le film est extrêmement agaçant, plus bruyant qu'intéressant, visuellement moche (certains décors rappellent le pire de la 3D) et surtout écrit à la serpe (probablement un effet du dub anglais, qui a encore changé une grosse partie de l'intrigue) avec un bad guy peu charismatique et des bastons franchement inutiles pour gonfler la durée. Cependant, on retrouve ici et là le charme de l'anime, par petites touches, à commencer par un Roigada qui parle et la Team Rocket qui joue ici un gros rôle. Mais sinon, quel ennui.
August 16, 2016
A must see to all pokemon fans
July 15, 2016
If you feel nostalgic, this movie might bring you great memories , it is everything you'd expect a pokemon movie to be . It brings all pokemon to witness the greatest battles of their world. The animation is pretty much the same as the cartoon with the expecting of a mixte 3d style that was very popular at the beginning of the 2000's. It honestly kind of bugged me , I would have been ok with just a Japanese cartoon style movie.

Story wise , sorry to say but there is not much there .. it is not a story that will make you laugh , cry or want to see more , It is nevertheless a great adventure that the kids will enjoy !

I beleive it is worth to watch if it is only because Pokemon was such a huge thing for a it's generation. In a way for that generation , it might have been the one movie they watched in a loop 1000 times as kids
½ June 20, 2016
It was a really entertaining and fun movie. I am Pokemon trash this period in my life( in fact I never stopped being Pokemon Trash since I first discovered what Pokemon are) and this movie was quite woth watching. I liked the central plot and the central idea, I loved that we finally got to see these amazing legendary Pokemon, but I didn't like the whole "Chosen One" plot, cause I beleive it had a negative impact on the message of the movie. As I understand this is only an issue with the English dubbed version, as the Japanese original one is more concerned on the whole don't break the balance sotryline. Well a typical Pokemon movie!
½ April 24, 2016
So from my point of view of this movie, it seems to be not that bad. Watching it as a kid, felt gigantic, but now as a 17 year old it's a lot different. The idea of Ash Ketchum being the "Chosen One" is a bit cliched mostly because he's the main character in the show. But we don't get an explanation as to why he's the "Chosen One". Other than a non-explaining script, the rest of the movie not bad. The animation is very detailed and extraordinary, and the music is beautiful and adds a very ancient feel to it. But i have no idea why Weird Al was in this to sing in the end credits.0_o

The one thing that kinda bothers me most is Misty. The fact that she is making her crush on Ash very obvious. If you like someone and you don't want to look jealous, DON'T SHOW IT. Another thing that bothers me is the use of the character Melody. The idea of her being put to the side and only being a plot convenience kinda saddens me. The could of at least made her look important to the story other than playing music.

But putting the bad things aside, this is still a good movie. Great music (aside from Weird Al), great animation and a great Nostalgic feel every time i'll watch it. Hears to 20 years of Pokemon!
April 18, 2016
As much as I adored playing Pokemon on Gameboy in the late 90's the film doesn't have the same impact at all.

Basically the story of Pokemon Trainer Ash Ketchum saving the world from an evil collector. The story is incredibly one dimensional & very weak in character development.

It will appeal to Die Hard fans of Pokemon but as a stand alone film it's quite average indeed. Every the animation is disappointing.
½ February 27, 2016
slow predictable but pokemon so its ok
½ February 21, 2016
Exactly in order, my 2nd favorite pokemon film
February 19, 2016
Pokemon 2000 is made to cater primarily to fans of the franchise, and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can leave one wondering if it could have had a bit more to offer to those unacquainted with these movies or the TV show on which it's based. Taken as a whole, the movie does have more to offer its audience for account of its gigantic scope, more consistent dialogue and comic relief, and a deeper meaning than its predecessor had. While it won't likely be remembered for innovative contributions to the Anime genre or film in general (as it doesn't even appear canon to the show), it will most definitely be remembered as a motion picture event (albeit a nostalgic one) in the future.
February 16, 2016
This movie was a cinematic masterpiece. Inspiring kids to become masters and the best that they can be in life since 2000. #Pokemon20
February 16, 2016
My life. If you are not a fan, your review is invalid.
½ February 4, 2016
Pokemon 2000 is just a cash grab to a year that had already bad movies filling that year
October 10, 2015
Wow, whut, I saw this? When? I guess in 2000...
September 15, 2015
Having not seen this since I was a kid - 15 years ago - I decided to give it a revisit and see how it fared without the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia. Surprisingly, this was actually mildly entertaining for an hour and twenty minutes.
½ August 31, 2015
Most logical of the Pokemon movies. I think...
August 7, 2015
Managed to be a little more entertaining as it's an improvement over the previous entry in the enjoyment level with the same nature but a little more value in the action, the heart and amusing dynamics in this particularity it'd presented, while ignoring some silliness to the plot's action agent. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)