Pokemon - The Movie 2000 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pokemon - The Movie 2000 Reviews

½ March 9, 2015
When I was little boy, I would sit and watch Ash and his buddies go on adventures. I wanted to be him. So I dropped out of high school to become a pokemon master. My mom said I needed help, so I slit her throat. I am still on my quest to find Professor Oak (I narrowed it down to Mongolia and Borneo) and become a real life trainer! The movie is just a grim reminder that my journey has been of no avail so far.
February 18, 2015
Stunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ December 8, 2014
well, it may not be the best movie of the franchise but for me it's the most enjoyable, i think only fans of the show can enjoy it but as non fans go watch legend of Lucario trust me but this movie I love more then the others.
December 8, 2014
To credit to IMDb because they Liked this movie. But, to me this movie has great characters and awesome villain, awesome action and great story. These fans wants to see this movie. ''Thrill-ride!'' and "Two Thumbs Up!''
November 7, 2014
With different moral standards on how to treat other living creatures, this movie deals with the fineline of the right and wrong of treating others. A very charming story with relatable characters and engaging battles.
October 27, 2014
this movie is a great improvement from the first movie and it achieves what i believe none of the other Pokemon movies achieve it fells epic. once again the animation and action are great and the plot is a lot better aside from the whole power of one thing which doesn't really hold up on inspection. it does also loose points for it's villain, terrible choice of pop songs and the anti collecting message which is even more head scratching than the anti fighting message from the first movie
October 19, 2014
Please stop...please?
October 6, 2014
You might be inclined to think that this movie is worse than its predecessor, you'd be wrong. While some of the flaws from the previous movie are still present, and even though it doesn't follow the Pokémon games much, it's actually an improvement over the first Pokémon movie, if you can believe that. The story is alright, and the writing isn't as cheesy as the first Pokémon movie, but it isn't particularly clever. Then again, can I really expect anything clever from a movie with "2000" in the title? The characters aren't too special, but the acting, for the most part, is tolerable. The villain, on the other hand, has pretty decent voice acting, better even than most of the other characters, even though it isn't incredibly special. The animation has clearly been brought up to a marginally higher standard, which is good because the battles between the legendary Pokémon are quite eye-catching. Best of all, the film is paced decently well, and it's not nearly as corny as its predecessor. Even though it has its flaws, and even though it's more enjoyable for kids, I'm honestly much more comfortable watching this movie than the first Pokémon movie, and that in itself says quite a lot about the first Pokémon movie.
½ September 12, 2014
Like its predecessor, Pokemon The Movie 2000 is strictly a kid's film and adults will find very little entertainment from the film, unless you grew up with the franchise as a child, it does have some exciting moments, great musical score, and sometimes beautiful animation (for a Pokemon movie!), and like the first movie I have nostalgic memories of this film, even though it isn't technically a "Good" movie!
July 28, 2014
I find it better than the last, but now that I'm not such a big obsessive Pokemon fan anymore, I'll just stick to the superior video games.
July 11, 2014
Better than the original the only bad part about it is how they didn't conclude that whole Ash and Misty thing also the villain definitely wasn't the best and his intentions were overrated but overall awesome movie
July 7, 2014
this film is arguably the best pokemon movie out there. after the original pokemon film grossed over 130 million dollars at the box office along with the highly successful show and games is enough to warrant a sequel. so this movie was nothing more than an attempt to make more money but inspite of that its great action and environmental message make this a good watch.
July 5, 2014
This is a pretty good movie my brother likes it
July 1, 2014
fan of the series? then you'll be a fan of this movie
June 3, 2014
its one of the few exceptions where the sequel is almost as good as the first and that goes for all of the later sequels until the 7th film, then they all just went downhill. But anyway, this film is a great entry in the movie series of pokemon, with still just as great action and more legendary pokemon battles than the first, instead of only two legendaries fighting, we get four, plus some great music as always, acting, and some great animation and comedy.
February 6, 2014
One of my favorite movie's
February 3, 2014
I remember adoring this as a kid. This was probably my favorite one. I just remember being able to watch it over and over again.
½ January 2, 2014
Mejorcita...... pero aburrida -.-
December 28, 2013
Watched this as a kid and is my favorite Pokemon movie.
October 24, 2013
Yay Pokemon. Not for the faint of heart.