Polaroid Reviews

• Nov 03, 2020

worst horror movie I have ever seen? good is one of the worst, bad script and stupid and annoying characters.

• Oct 25, 2020

I feel this movie is severely underrated. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and the chemistry between the actors. Albeit, the amount of presumed jump-scares is rather high, I was still rather gripped throughout the entirety of the film.

• Oct 02, 2020

Basic horror movie, decent scares, twist may surprise some.

Basic horror movie, decent scares, twist may surprise some.

• Sep 23, 2020

Camera takes pictures but then, the subjects are killed by the original camera owner's dad, who just seems to enjoy killing.

• Sep 22, 2020

Predictable plot and poor CGI.

Predictable plot and poor CGI.

• Sep 21, 2020

Rating: 6/10. 64/100

Rating: 6/10. 64/100

• Sep 18, 2020

It's bad. Not good at all.

It's bad. Not good at all.

• Sep 10, 2020

I've seen this movie before, and it was called Friend Request, but replace the wiccan witch BS with a polaroid camera, and it's the same film, but with worse acting and characters that are complete morons. Also, when a movie does the TYPICAL intro, where a well-known teen star is only there for people to remember them from a popular show, and then get killed off just as fast as they were introduced, then you know you aren't in for a good film. The only real compliment I can offer to this movie is the admittedly better monster reveal (honestly the creepiest part of the movie), but it comes at a point where I didn't even care to figure out what the creepy wheezing looked like in the end. I guess Mitch Pileggi needed another law enforcement-related gig and paycheck, since he has to do without X-Files coming back any time soon.

• Aug 02, 2020

Good watch, would watch again, and can recommend for horror / paranormal / survivalist fans. I don't think this is a bad movie by anythings means, I just think it had the potential to be a great movie. First off, the cast could use an upgrade. I think that Kathryn Prescott (Skins) did such an excellent job trying to carry the movie, but she had a character that was specifically designed weak, so she could only do so much. The only other person I recognized was Madelaine Petsch (Riverdale). A stronger cast would have allowed the characters to be a little richer and the audience more invested before each death. It was a little hard to care about some of the characters. I really liked the camera as the paranormal medium, and the rules surrounding the situation are very interesting. So the events are actually interesting enough to keep your attention for most of the movie. The big problem the movie has is the "twist" (I'll call it a "twist" as not to spoil it, whether or not it is actually a twist) is more interesting than that the story needs it to be. While the truth of it is actually a great little sequence, I honestly would have rather it be the other way around. If you're a horror, survivalist, or paranormal fan, give it a go, I think you'll enjoy it.

• Jul 18, 2020

Beh che dire, anche se la trama a tratti potrebbe essere interessante, il film non è un granché, ma come al solito gli vengono fatte critiche che non hanno alcuna attinenza con il film...per prima cosa il film si prende troppo sul serio per il tipo di eventi che lo caratterizzano. Mi spiego meglio: ha un'impostazione drammatica, ma dato che poi succedono cose assurdissime, sarebbe stato molto meglio dargli un tono più "pazzerello" e personaggi più particolari....però dalle recensioni che ho visto nel web vengono date le solite critiche che non arrivano mai al punto: la presenza dei cliché dell'horror, che per me non è un difetto (finchè non si decida di fare qualcosa di volutamente realistico, e per la maggiorparte degli horror non è così), e soprattutto le solite frasi fatte" non fa paura"," non fa sobbalzare" che temo siano fatte da persone che non hanno alcun tipo di esperienza con il cinema horror....perché HORROR non significa paura, ma solo qualcosa che potrebbe crearti raccapriccio...e sinceramente sono stanca di articoletti fatti da persone adulte che si aspettano di fare i saltini sulla sedia per qualunque film sia incluso nel genere Horror...certo che se il film vuole farteli fare e gli riescono così così, lo potresti anche criticare, e per questo film quindi potrei anche capire.