Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach Reviews

½ December 23, 2012
Before I watched this I thought the 4th one was the last one because I thought that the 4th one was soo bad that they would never want a sequel I hope there isn't any more of this crap
½ November 19, 2012
Here is where the series really took a turn for the worse. The group heads to Miami Beach to help honour Commandant Lassard. Guttenberg wisely took a pass and his replacement Nick is not a value add amid mostly poor slapstick humour. Proctor saves this one from an even lower rating.
November 10, 2012
Police Academy has ended! Stop making them!
November 3, 2012
Perhaps my favorite of the series and i'm a bit keen on it..
½ September 13, 2012
I really like this movie and the standards it introduces to our society. Police Academy 5 changed MY LIFE.
September 1, 2012
My favorite of the sequels. The new characters add to the charm. The fart in the elevator scene....love it.
½ August 11, 2012
I have love for the franchise, not because any of the films are at all that good, but more so because everything this franchise represents I love. There is no Guttenberg in this film and that's a real shame, instead we get to see some of the rest of the Academy get more time in the sun. Gaynes and Bailey are really what makes this series tick and even though its horribly tired, they do put in some pretty decent comedic performances.
August 2, 2012
The series continues its downward spiral with this pathetic nonsense. Amazingly they scraped together 2more sequels out of this.
July 7, 2012
Hands down the best Police Academy movie. Just enough zany cop humor and a rounded cast of veterans from the series a new introductions.
½ June 9, 2012
ridiculous & this story needs to end
½ May 25, 2012
Generic raunchy comedy. not for kids. Be wary of sequals where the original star isn't in it. I.E. Steve Geutenburg passed on this one
May 20, 2012
It is very different from the last movies. They are not in a mission anymore, it's more like a summer vacation. Replacing Steve Guttenberg, who was the funniest guy in the series, for Matt McCoy was huge mistake. In the end you can see some ridiculous action scenes and the movie lacks on humor.
*PS: The bad guys in the movie look more like the 3 stooges.
May 9, 2012
More of the same slapstick.
April 27, 2012
The Gute leaves the reigns of the franchise to new comer Matt McCoy and the Police Academy franchise doesn't suffer for it; the graduates are still up to their typical antics with Jones kung fu dubbing his way into the hearts of Miami diamond thieves, Tackleberry fending off great whites with his magnum, and Captain Harris douching his way into the lamest academy pranks. Assignment Miami Beach is a pure dumb goof but if you've made it this far into the franchise than you're all in, plus who doesn't love a jet black Rene Abuberjonis running afoul of George Gaynes' Lassard clumsy buffoonery? VF.
½ April 26, 2012
Now this is just milking a franchise.
March 31, 2012
i love this movie....my fave character is proctor
March 25, 2012
Another craptacular Police Academy movie. This time no Mahoney. If the Gutt passes on it you know it ain't a quality flick!
February 26, 2012
Hold everything! The cadets are dropping in on Miami Beach for an all new adventure.
February 15, 2012
This has a few fun moments, and George Gaynes gets to shine more so then other police academy movies, but it kind of says something about the franchise when there is no Mahoney in the movie, and that is just sad.