Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege Reviews

jamrcla
July 30, 2016
I must admit for a sixth film in a comedy series you don't expect much plus the fact that the previous 5 arn't nothing great, But this one is pretty good and not as silly as you think, Still a few tired gags but worth watcing.
½ June 15, 2016
The gang is back and must track down jewel thieves. Silly stupid sequel.
½ February 27, 2016
Recruits save the city that's under siege, duh.
½ November 22, 2015
Number six and the plots keep getting simpler each time round. This time its a gang that are on a crime spree and its up to our boys n girls in blue to save the day. Naturally someone is behind this whole operation so be prepared for a truly ball bustin' twist...nah not really.

Yet again I am amazed at the continuity of these films and the fact all of the cast are still present and correct...bar Guttenberg who went AWOL after number four. This time round we have all the regular officers plus Fackler makes a welcome return and Nick Lassard is still here replacing Mahoney.

First time ever we actually have a PA film where there aren't any training sequences, this time its all about the main team going up against a trio of super criminals. The criminals are actually quite good too I might add, totally cliched of course but they are meant to be equals for three of the main PA characters. One guy is a huge bald fat biker looking dude, his strength is errr...strength, so he goes up against Hightower. Then we have a slim athletic guy who is good at martial arts and gymnastics, guess who he goes up against. And finally a smooth well dressed ladies man type who is a sharp shooter and dead eye with guns...yep, Tackleberry.

This film relies more on bumbling cops n robbers type of stuff, Harris and Proctor getting set up and constantly missing the chance to make a simple arrest. Not so many pranks, nudity or rudeness, just simple childish [i]Pink Panther[/i] styled buffoonery but more idiotic and predictable if that's possible.

Kenneth Mars tries to liven up the film with his cartoonish Mayor character but it falls flat. You can see they are trying to capture the madness he brought to 'Young Frankenstein' but it just doesn't work, too stupid and not funny. I did like Gerrit Graham as the aptly named Ace (the sharp shooter criminal) and the little showdown between the three criminals and three officers, the best bit in the film really. Bailey does well again as Harris but the few pranks are way too infantile this time.

Over all its not a bad film really, its still better than number four and about on par with number five. I do like the darkly lit, noir-ish visuals they attempt in this one, clearly going for that Bogart-like detective quality in places. The whole thing is actually more akin to a typical pulp comic book adaptation, along the lines of [i]Dick Tracy[/i] or 'The Shadow'...albeit a very dumb simplified version. So kudos for that approach, not great by any means but a fair effort bearing in mind this is the sixth film.
November 6, 2015
Awesome taking down a mastermind.
½ May 14, 2015
Police Academy 6 is the same as all of the other ones, the jokes are old, the series is PG, all that can happen to a perfect standalone comedy.
½ April 18, 2015
I really checked out of this series years before this installment but my dumb ass couldn't leave well enough alone.
January 17, 2015
Now I hate to admit it but this is my favourite sequel, the old favourite characters are still here but some are gone but they've never been better since the first original movie. They each steal the screen and lap it up. The action scenes are dull and very redundant but the jokes are slightly (If just a little bit) better. It's very childish and at times a little embarrassing from some actors but it strangely works. The script might be weak but it feels like the actors improvise and are better without the storyline. It's Michael Winslow that again gets the best scenes and probably his best in the series. Weak storyline but impressive gags.
December 25, 2014
With a talented cast, however with a weak argument with no funny and no sense jokes and predictable and no original story, it's so possible that this movie interest somebody like it's possible the chicken's has teeth.
December 25, 2014
½ July 31, 2014
Better then 5 not as good as the first 4 but still really funny.
½ May 18, 2014
Beating a dead horse, Police Academy cranks out a sixth installment of crazy shenanigans with City Under Siege. When the Wilson Heights Gang proves to be more than Capt. Harris can handle the Mayor sends in Commandant Lassard and his team to help. The acting is just terrible, and has gone way beyond slapstick and into outright buffoonery. Every joke has been so overplayed throughout the series by now that there's no fun or joy in anything being done here. Police Academy 6: City Under Siege is a stale and humorless comedy that's DOA.
½ March 27, 2014
I would still watch this one again because I'm a big fan of this series but this was a much weaker film than its predecessors. The jokes seemed more tame and without much effectiveness. It was halfway between good and bad...
January 7, 2014
I found it difficult to keep watching this film. By this entry in the Police Academy series, it was hard to find anything remotely entertaining, or funny about it.
½ January 2, 2014
Police Academy can go fucking die.
½ June 12, 2013
Are we done with these yet??????????
May 23, 2013
Quite interesting rivalries.
April 20, 2013
One of the more fun sequels... complete with some of our favorite characters back for another round of goofy, dimwitted humor. If the "6" in the title isn't warning enough, don't hold your expectations too high and you will probably have a good laugh or two.
March 9, 2013
I'm actually embarrassed I've seen this.
February 11, 2013
I own this in a seven movie pack along with:
* Police Academy (1984)
* Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment (1985)
* Police Academy 3: Back In Training (1986)
* Police Academy 4: Citizens On Patrol (1987)
* Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach (1988)
* Police Academy: Mission To Moscow (1994)