Polisse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Polisse Reviews

July 30, 2013
Harrowing police drama based on real life child investigation cases. Some scenes are really hard to watch and it comes as a welcome relief when Le Besco's script switches to the depressing personal lives of the Child Protection Unit members.
July 28, 2013
Reality-rooted, or loose, disjointed & trivial?
July 20, 2013
Plenty of Great Performances.
½ June 10, 2013
Polisse is an intriguing look at the lives of professionals who struggle to balance their families, romances, and emotional stability with their draining and heart wrenching careers; police in the child protection unit.
½ June 3, 2013
Quase um doc sobre a vida dos policiais de uma divisão de auxilio a menores.
May 31, 2013
This is one of the better films I've seen. I was compelled by the professional and personal drama the officers experienced. There are so many aspects of this film I enjoyed. I felt like I was part of the team, I pained for them, experienced their joy, and shared in their sorrow.
May 21, 2013
There are a lot of interesting characters in this movie - French policemen of the Child Protection Unity who handle heinous cases. Though the circumstances shown were scattered, the film manages to intensify the thrill just before the finale.
May 17, 2013
Everything about it is really good. 10/10 for the casting and acting, and 15/10 for the screenplay and direction. The writer-director brought real-life events (from police records) to a movie that seemed so real. The script was so rich you'd never want to miss a word said or a frame showed. It's... idk, perfect.
½ May 9, 2013
A journalist covering police assigned to a juvenile division enters an affair with one of her subjects.
April 28, 2013
Una película bien armada pero muy fuerte en la temática.
No la recomiendo para estómagos sensibles y personas impresionables.
Trata de un grupo de policías de la división abuso infantil.
April 28, 2013
unexpectedly funny. the misleading synopsis had deterred me from watching this dry-sounding 'cop drama' for quite awhile. the movie follows the CPU team going about their cases, offering a brief peek into their lives.
not without melodrama and slight cliches, but that didn't hamper my enjoyment of the movie; an entertaining watch. the cast that made up the CPU team had a good chemistry going.
April 27, 2013
O filme mostra a vida dos policiais da Brigada de Protecção de Menores, que devem lidar diariamente com assuntos sérios, como fome e pedofilia. Além de cuidar desses assuntos terão de lidar com Melissa, jornalista enviada pelo Ministério do Interior para realizar um livro de fotos sobre seu trabalho.
April 24, 2013
It is entirely in French with subtitles just an FYI.
½ April 17, 2013
A gritty, realistic look into the life of the French Child Protection Unit. It plays like a French version of The Wire.
April 11, 2013
Gripping and gritty police drama that engages with its black humour and poignant human drama.
½ March 29, 2013
Worse than bad: insensitive and dull. Takes a very sensitive subject and essentially turns it into a vigilante movie. The cops are thuggish, boorish witch-hunters. The alleged criminals are stereotypical, one-dimensional, uncaring morons. And every man is a pedophile.

Heaps of random shouting contests, for the hell of it.

In addition, everything happens at a snail's pace, and with many totally unconnected events. Incredibly dull.

Performances are terrible. No depth, and all rather stereotypical. Very unconvincing. I don't think I've disliked the "heroes" of a movie more than than I did in this movie.

(Spoiler alert) It is French, so the movie wouldn't be complete with a totally random death at the end. This is no exception. Even trumps your average French movie for totally random endings.

Avoid.
March 21, 2013
A highly energetic and raw insight into the disturbing lives of the child protection unit of the French police. Sometimes those that are responsible for protecting society are forced to protect themselves from a world that not many of us see or would understand. The mish mash of stories are confronting, but they don't tie in well enough to the plot line - leaving us with a blunt ending and a mind full of disturbing thoughts regarding your children's safety.
½ March 17, 2013
Brilliantly raw, neo-realist take on police genre. One of the most underrated movies in recent memory.
½ February 18, 2013
Slow, but awesome build-up. Hard to follow while trying to keep up with the French subtitles, but worth the extra effort! This young French director is incredible.
February 10, 2013
A lot like a too long episode of "Law and Order: SVU." Not extremely entertaining, but the characters are strong and worth watching.