Pollyanna - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pollyanna Reviews

August 13, 2016
A lovely version of the classic story. Very sweet and uplifting.
½ August 10, 2014
I loved the period setting, the different characters, and the morals in the message. Could have been a little more fast paced, but all in all, a fine film for all ages.
March 21, 2011
This is a nice family movie. It's a good English version of an American book, which actually added to the story. Good acting. Good dialogue. Nice scenery. Heartwarming Masterpiece Theater film.
½ March 4, 2011
Think of Pollyanna as a less annoying Eloise.
½ December 30, 2010
I think I prefered this to the original movie. The girl playing Pollyanna was such a joy to watch and she made me laugh outloud a few times with her antics.
July 26, 2010
crap rip off of the other famous pollyanna!
½ April 13, 2009
I loved this story, loved how this was filmed and acted too....it made me cry at the end......defaintely one that i will watch again......
TheExistential
½ March 13, 2009
Sarah Harding presents to us a touching tale about a little girl whose parents die and she is left with her cold, seemingly unaffectionate aunt. Enjoyable enough to sit through.
October 20, 2008
A far more faithful adaptation of the original novel, and a more satisfying film as a result.
October 11, 2008
Love, love, love. :)
July 6, 2008
This is the best version of the book.
February 5, 2008
Much, much better then the other pollyanna movie.
November 1, 2007
This is a most fantastic story! And by far the best version, with wonderful actors, scenery, drama, everything!!!
October 16, 2007
A masterpiece by Masterpiece Theatre. A sweet story about an orphan who worms her way into the heart of a town and her aunt. Georgina Terry plays the title role as the loveable Pollyanna who bring sunshine to everyone's life by having them participating in her "Glad game". Great acting, scenery, script and storyline. Nothing objectionable.....hard to say about most movies.
September 22, 2007
I have been dying to see this and I have been waiting patiently for this to show on PBS. I want to compare the 1960's version to this one to see which one I like better and to compare to see how they are different.
September 16, 2007
Slow at the beginning but it kindda picked up pace at the end. The slurring of Pollyanna's voice throughout the movie kept me annoyed and distracted throughout the whole movie.
August 9, 2007
Fantastic acting from Georgina Terry and the rest of the cast!
August 8, 2007
Great Movie!! Masterpiece theatre has done a marvalous job!!!!!!!!!
July 30, 2007
I loved this movie, but I feel like I'm the only person who watched this movie...