Poltergeist Reviews

• Jun 24, 2019

I never saw the original. So far I am intrigued and believe a remake is a new movie. Funny in parts so keep a open mind. I have not finished watching it and its worth checking out.. I think one of the main reasons to why the negativity is most have seen the original. I will go back but wanted to see the remake fist.

• May 16, 2019

Over 30 years later I expected a much better version of the film. Sadly it wasn't a patch on the original in nay way. Acting, production, special effects were all very poor. Why must a new version of a film if you are not going to make it better, substantially better at that.

• May 04, 2019

This remake like most remakes was not very good. I was quite bored watchimg this movies, and even though it had its moments the scares were okay. Very disapointing trying to live up to the amazing original.

• Mar 11, 2019

OK, I'll start off by saying this movie was nowhere as bad as people made it out to be. The acting was fine, the F/X were decent, and the story was pretty close to the original. That being said, this movie was mostly average with no serious scare (or even wow) factor. I think the main failing was not only copying the story but also copying the direction and style. This is not a Spielberg film, yet there were scenes completely stolen from his playbook. None of them were scary scenes, but more fantasy/sci-fi, and that really ruined the mood. What few good scares were in there were very short, very far between, and completely forgotten within a scene or two. (If you saw the trailer, you pretty much saw every major scare in the movie.) I feel that they would have done better to go full-blown scary instead of this hybrid of new Horror, Spielberg effects, and 80's story. Instead, you ended up with a movie that was just alright, with any highs cancelled out by some antithematic lows.

• Jan 13, 2019

This movie was not scary at all! It has almost nothing from the original, it had lame jump scares, the acting was not that good, and parts from the original were not even like the original and there was no climax at all. Very very boring and a total waste of mine and my friend's time! It is like they just slapped the title poltergeist onto a random movie to get money from unsuspecting people. I thank god I rented this at a library and did not waste my money on a piece of crap.

• Nov 09, 2018

Poltergeist pierde la esencia del clásico de 1982 al aprovecharse de recursos patéticos que no funcionan en ningún momento, por mucho es una de las peores ejecuciones de un remake de los ultimos tiempos.

• Oct 24, 2018

Ugh. Why the heck are there reboots?

Ugh. Why the heck are there reboots?

• Sep 08, 2018

Poorly made in every way possible. CGI was not creative. Acting was sub par. Dialogue was broken. Story didn't flow and was forced. Just another remake to cash in on the original.

• Jul 22, 2018

Often it is best to just leave well enough alone. Toby Hooper, director of the original, pulled off the nearly impossible: he made an effective PG-rated horror movie. This is the same movie done much less effectively. The names have been changed, the actors are not as good - I'll never forget the late Heather O'Rourke's "they're here!" There is nothing new here, which makes it completely unneeded. I did enjoy Jared Harris in hos role.

• Jul 20, 2018