Poltergeist Reviews

• May 16, 2020

Non un film che lascia il segno,senza ogni dubbio.Però ho ancora bisogno di un critico che venga e mi spieghi in cosa l'originale sia così tanto migliore di questo, forse perchè è un cult??ah ecco.

• Apr 25, 2020

What can I say the Russo Brothers who makes Superhero movies , family friendly Superhero movies were given this movie to direct and that baffles me ... only one person on this earth knows why that happened because their lack of experience in that of the horror genre shows, and its very easy to see. When I watched without knowing who directed it(munching popcorn at credits)I said to myself this feels like a superhero movie. Well I can't write a professional review about something that's just pure and utter crap, and if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all really. But I'll say something like it doesn't stick to the original in fact the only thing that's the same it's the name. Why did it do so well at the box office because it's a remake of poltergeist one of the most popular movies of the 80s why were all the reviews bad because a lot of people saw the movie. If you're going to do something do it right if you don't care about your movie let the Russo Brothers directed it. The Superhero movies they Direct had two methods shake and bake... it really is a mans world with them around.

• Apr 13, 2020

Waste of rights to remake this pathetic product of a movie. There was the use of some good talent in this film but it failed utterly. I personally have an issue in stories where people act too stupid it will just ruin the narrative and I can not enjoy the work. One example would be if you are on hard financial times why would you go out and take on a huge purchase of a new mortgage. Then later on after bemoaning basically being broke the father attempts to purchase his womb goblins affection with a slew of new electronic devices. It became what befalls so many horror films these days, cheap scares and simple generic mash of horror cliche execution of the plot. When Hollywood pumps out these trashy remakes for cash no wonder I shudder whenever I hear of any news of classic or foreign ones being next on the remake list. If you need some background noise while doing fun things like counting all your grains of rice, this movie is excellent. Do not expect a great piece of cinematic history.

• Mar 29, 2020

Could have been better had it not been for the terrible acting of the lead actor and actress

• Feb 13, 2020

One of the worst movies ever!

One of the worst movies ever!

• Dec 20, 2019

It would be fine if it weren't for the fact that it takes all of the original's best moments and recreates them almost precisely, which is some poor taste. (D+)

• Dec 05, 2019

This movie is super bad. It can't compare to the original one. The Special Effects are low cost.

• Oct 30, 2019

For those who never saw the original Poltergeist, please do yourself a favor and watch it before watching this one. I was very excited when I heard about the remake, but I didn’t even make it through this movie. They took one of the most iconic horror films of our time, and brutally destroyed it. Yes some of the visual effects were good, with some ok jump scares, but little to no character development, the key aspects they plucked from the original were rushed; no pool scene, or kitchen scene, no explanation of how the family’s fear was used against them, the child used for “Carolanne” or Maddie in this movie wasn’t believable, and definitely not as cute which leads to actually caring about the kid, and the the lack of character development didn’t leave you vested in the family as a whole. They even messed up the iconic “They’re Here” scene...The way it was filmed was just terrible. The original had a beautiful score that added suspense, and connected you to the film. The ghost in the original started off as playful, then turned vengeful and even they were developed, you actually felt sorry for them because they needed Carolanne to lead them to the light, this was explained by the psychic that was brought in to help, I can go on and on, the original film was, and still is one of my favorite horror films, It’s a classic. The effort of this remake; or lack thereof simply left me with one question...why take something that was perfect on it own, and completely screw it up? Just why??!!

• Oct 29, 2019

One of the worst Horror remakes I’ve ever seen

One of the worst Horror remakes I’ve ever seen

• Aug 16, 2019

You know the old saying, if its not broke dont fix it, well I think that works well to describe this movie. Overall the movie's actors are good but the story and the 'special effect' really dont give you the effect as the original film did when you first saw it. If like me you wanted to see what its like then yeah its worth a watch, but I think thats the best thing I can say about it!