Polyester Reviews

• Feb 24, 2020

The cheesy melodrama is at odds with the camp of Waters' style, and there is something a little too clean about it. Like you can feel the studio system forcing something more polished here. But it's still gonzo and entertaining enough, the Odor-Rama was a nice touch.

• Feb 13, 2020

Unsure as I am about what I just watched, I'm even less sure about what I just smelled; but like the scent of piss after drinking a full pot of coffee, there's something divine about a thing so rancid.

• Jan 11, 2020

I am a huge John Waters fan, I have this movie the Smell-O-Rama is kinda funny and unique. This is your standard John Waters movies I liked this movie funny and passes the time classic movie give it a watch if you are a fan of John Waters you might like it.

• Nov 21, 2019

A brilliant dark satire of suburban America in the early 1980s. John Waters 1981 comedy Polyester is definitely a acquired taste but there's no denying it's a bold and striking vision, it's a one of a kind film. Divine and Tab Hunter are absolutely fantastic in this movie.

• Sep 23, 2019

This is an insanely bizarre film, full of shotty acting, strange dialogue, and gross characters... I would 100% recommend everyone to watch it.

• Mar 12, 2019

Very mild for John Waters, yet this satire of suburb family has everything you expect from a Waters.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Dec 21, 2018

This is American life and it is hilarious!

This is American life and it is hilarious!

• Mar 12, 2018

Very funny, solid plot, good pacing, enjoyed actors' performances.

Very funny, solid plot, good pacing, enjoyed actors' performances.

• Aug 11, 2017

Hasn't Aged Well At All. The Smell-o-Vision Is A Good Gimmick, But The RestOf It, Largely Out Of A Terrible Story, Is Just Deplorable. Not Worth It Really.