POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold Reviews

May 13, 2014
Doposial nechapem ako mu toto mohlo vyjst
½ May 10, 2014
Or This Review is Brought To You By...

It's definitely entertaining, that's something that Morgan Spurlock is very good at. I'm not sure how educational it is, because I think most people are aware of how much we are advertised to. However, there were a few things that I learned about how we market to teens. Of course, there's always the question of how much Spurlock has affected the subject he's documenting, simply by being in the film himself. But in the end, Spurlock isn't making documentaries to be scientific. He's trying to entertain, and in that way, he certainly succeeds.

If you're interested in advertising or how films and TV shows are made in a product placement culture, than check out this film.
½ May 7, 2014
Very good. Great topic.
½ April 19, 2014
This is a very funny documentary about marketing and product placement in film. Morgan Spurlock has taken what he learned from Super Size Me, and moved forward into a more confident filmmaker. In addition, he comes across as a very honest guy, who's simply curious about some things. I found it very engaging, and like all good films, it's done before you want it to be and you're left wanting more. Best part? Ralph Nader crying "Payola!" as he opens a box of Merrell's that Spurlock gave him. The sponsors range from totally on board and getting it, to being completely clueless. I think I'd be all over this if I was looking for marketing. I also tremendously enjoy how he turned it all around and showed the positive potential as well (with the Florida School Boards). Great work from a great filmmaker, and it's funny as hell.
April 15, 2014
This movie is horrible! it should've been rated NC-17.
April 10, 2014
Excellent documentary. Very enlightening, very entertaining, with great direction from Spurlock.
½ April 5, 2014
Did you know that there's something called product placement? Apparently there is. While some of it was facinating, for example what exactly the companies would be willing to have done to their products, that alone can't make a movie. But again, that's not new information. Even the advertisements in a school wasn't new. My high school was covered with Pepsi ads. I didn't give it a low grade because it was boring. I gave it a low grade because documentaries are supposed to open up your mind, not rehash what you know.
March 6, 2014
The movie about how smart-ass people make money out of air
January 26, 2014
This movie was fantastic and the concept actually worked. It was transparent, informative, and yet funny all at the same time. I continue to enjoy Morgan Spurlock's films.
½ January 9, 2014
Not as insightful and fascinating as Super Size Me, however it still has the Spurlock guts and humour. Film nerds should definitely watch it for the stuff on product placement in movies alone. The movie branches off from that somewhat, which keeps it interesting. The movie is the right length, but I'd like to see a bit more of his interviews with Chomsky, Nader, Tarantino, etc. Also, the movie has this weird time-shifting thing going on, which doesn't seem to be intentional, but is still pulled off.
½ January 4, 2014
Its funny, But not as good as super size me - 7/10
January 1, 2014
A clever idea for a film, that makes some interesting points about the concepts and practises of the advertising industry. Interviews with famous directors could have been longer, and I don't think the film made as much as it was supposed to at the box office for POM.
December 27, 2013
Advertising, product placement, manipulative schemes, perceptible imagery...These are the words that compliment this comically satirical documentary from Morgan Spurlock which is just as good but not as stand-alone as Super Size Me. A lot of things are said with some fine interviewees (including Ralph Nader) and the high-concept meta approach (selling a film with a lot of sponsors) is genius.
December 10, 2013
"...agreeing not to disparage the entire country of Germany..." :)
November 21, 2013
Interesting, but I was a bit disappointed. One thing I'll say for director Morgan Spurlock though is that he's got balls!
November 18, 2013
As a documentary, The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, is is not as informative as Super Size Me.

This explores all about product placement in films. Spurlock does call attention to this issue, but perhaps he could have given us more information than what was shown here.
November 15, 2013
Morgan Spurlock presents an engaging essay on the use and impact of product placement in film and television but doesn't actually tell us anything we don't already know. If anything, he offers a more accessible discourse on a massive money-making machine.
October 27, 2013
Not As Game-Changer As His Last Effort (Supersize Me)..But There Is Tiny Moments Of Pure Genius. He Has You (Annoyingly So) In The Grasp Of One Giant Long Advert As You're Dragged Along To The Point Of It All..Selling To You Without You Even Knowing It!!!
September 11, 2013
Interesting documentary on advertising and product placement funded solely by advertising and product placement. Indeed.
August 20, 2013
A very intuitive interesting film. A nice change from the anti-Mcdonalds vibe of Super Size Me.