Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin Reviews

½ October 28, 2016
For a kid's movie, this is as dark as it can get. But for adults, you are wondering why these plush toys are as dumb as the adventure they're going through. Yes, the movie has a nice message, but it's not enough to justify its silly story. "Pooh's Grand Adventure" is nothing more but a kiddie show without substance and memorable music. A disgrace towards the "Winnie the Pooh" brand.
October 21, 2016
My favorite Pooh movie
September 16, 2016
anything from my childhood earns 5 starts!
August 28, 2016
I'll never forget Owl's speech in the beginning... Christopher Robin went to S-C-H-O-O-L! Skull.
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Poohs Grand Adventure is a very different kind of Pooh movie it is a grand adventure so it lives up to its title but it's also quite dark too and it lost its cuteness and the songs were not great but it's still pretty fun and funny but small kids might be abit scared a few times.
April 8, 2016
I remembered watching this more than ten times as a child like everyday. I had the VHS and I just watched it all the time. I remembered it being terrifying but it was such a thrilling movie. The plot really centred on an adventure to great heights (no pun intended). Sue me Rotten Tomatoes for loving this film. The soundtrack is also amazing.
April 3, 2016
Omg childhood!! So good! Great songs! Some parts used to scare me so much too!
February 3, 2016
What of the most adorable and heart warming movies I have ever seen. A favourite since childhood.
½ February 26, 2015
With a consistent rate of success going on with the Winnie the Pooh films, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin sounded like a good chance to continue.

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin is considered the worst of the many Winnie the Pooh films which is surprising because I walked away from it having very much enjoyed the experience. If I had any criticisms of the film it would simply be that like many other Winnie the Pooh tales, the narrative is very thin and is stretched to feature length from what would more commonly constitute simply a short story or a children's book. At only 73 minutes it is not too much of a stretch and there is honestly enough charm along the way to keep fans entertained, but there is certainly a sense that Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin does not have too much of a story to tell. Since it is a direct-to-video film this is hardly surprising so I don't find too many problems with it, but it is certainly the central negative element of the film.
But luckily, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin manages to justify itself in other ways. While the film may appeal more to people already fans of Winnie the Pooh than to newcomers, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin certainly works as a step forward for its fans in the way that it has them confront something new. In comparison to the extremely lighthearted and gentle nature of the prior Winnie the Pooh tales, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin takes on a more confronting concept. It is often criticized for its dark content, but I hardly found that to be a problem in the film. The emotional content of the tale is what is more striking, because though there are some darker locations used for the narrative, it is hardly the kind which I would deem scary. Perhaps it may slightly frighten the very young viewers, but I feel that if director Karl Geurs feels that younger viewers should be able to handle it then he deserves respect for not dumbing it down. That being said, he keeps the juvenile and childish nature of the film alive in many ways. Like I said before, the emotional content of Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin is what is surprising. As the story revolves around Winnie the Pooh on the search for his friend Chrisopher Robin whom he may have lost forever, it is a very touching concept. To emphasize this, the film puts a lot of focus on their friendship and puts depth into the character Winnie the Pooh as a method of conveying just how much Christopher Robin meant to him. There are even some musical numbers in the film which enhance this mood very well which are so rich in emotion that I was even left in tears at one point. For a children's film to be able to touch me as I border on my 20's makes it really difficult for me to see why so many critics would consider Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin a bad film. I was touched by it though I was not scared, and so it is certainly one of the more meaningful Winnie the Pooh tale that I have seen. But more importantly, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin has more than enough comedic charm to draw younger viewers in. The script in the film plays on the elements of each and every character nicely, balancing a sense of comedy and drama in the atmosphere very well.
From a technical perspective, the production values of Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin are very good. Not held back by its direct-to-video release, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin benefits from animation which is as strong in capturing the correct sense of Winnie the Pooh charm as ever. The characters are as cute as ever and their movements are more organic than in the past, as well as the fact that the universe around them is great. The Hundred Acre Wood itself looks as nice as ever, and the display of the setting during the sunset is a real treat to behold. There are certainly no shortcomings in the animation of Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin so it supplies the eye candy very well. And with the soundtrack to Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin being so effective, the film succeeds as a treat on the eyes and the ears.
And with a near-perfect voice cast, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin successfully pays tribute to its iconic characters. Though Paul Winchell is a bit less energetic as Tigger this time around and Brady Bluhm does not seem like a strong replacement for the role of Christopher Robin, the rest of the voice cast do their job nicely.
Jim Cummings is the standout as the voice of the protagonist Winnie the Pooh. With such flawlessly detailed articulation in his line delivery, Jim Cummings legitimately sounds identical to the voice once provided by Sterling Holloway which is absolutely amazing. He captures the cute nature of the bear with a flawless sense of friendly appeal, and he approaches the dramatic material of the film in a touching way as well. Jim Cummings leads the voice cast of Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin exceptionally well, and he conveys the charms of Winnie the Pooh himself all too well.
John Fiedler is also spot on as Piglet.

So Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin may have a thin narrative to it, but it is a very touching story which works as both a dramatic tale of friendship and overcoming one's fears as well as a charming children's comedy feature with plenty of strong animation to it and an effectively emotional soundtrack.
October 17, 2014
Wonderful story and message
½ September 27, 2014
A film of the last few minutes of the first feature film that'd been enlarged into a fun adventure film with the same charm and same lovable characters. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
September 8, 2014
It's a bit "edgier" than most would expect for a Winnie the Pooh movie since it handles more mature themes and even handles them in a way that may be scary for kids. Despite that though I can't help but have soft spot for this film. I love the characters, the animation, the songs, just a good family film that I think holds up.
May 31, 2014
It's cute, but for a better Pooh movie, watch the compilation The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
April 26, 2014
enjoyable children's animated movie in the spirit of Winnie the Pooh on an adventure with all the characters we know and love
April 15, 2014
I used to watch this film so much as a kid and I didn't see its dark themes before, and now that I do, it's really the best Winnie The Pooh film ever made in my opinion. It has the epic ness, emotion, and charm as any other great film.
March 27, 2014
A delightful and charming depiction of the childhood odyssey.
½ February 25, 2014
An adorable movie with great songs and a great plot besides most preschoolers can't read the books so it's easier to watch the movie.
½ October 29, 2013
Pooh's Grand Adventure might lack the subtle child psychology that the other films had, but it instead challenges a child's adventurous and imaginative side (something that critics have overlooked).
½ October 23, 2013
It was a very fun, very adventurous and very enjoyable Winnie the Pooh movie. It had great animation, very fun songs, great characters, very exciting adventure, very well done backgrounds, great voice cast and a great storyline. It's one of my favorite Disney direct to video movies I've ever watched. Pooh fans of all ages should enjoy this movie.
½ October 11, 2013
I love Winnie the Pooh and this film makes me happy -- don't judge me.