Poolhall Junkies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Poolhall Junkies Reviews

February 15, 2017
its gritty its to the point and its awesome
December 18, 2016
Strong plot interesting, strong cast. Better plot then Color of Money, worst sound track
½ August 30, 2016
I signed up to rotten tomatoes just to leave a review for how absolutely terrible this film is.
February 13, 2016
LOVE this movie! Total sleeper. No clue why the ratings are so poor. Sorry Mars Callahan hasn't been in more movies (or written more scripts)
October 13, 2015
Great movie! And well planned with the great old tricks.
December 5, 2014
Has a fun Walken monologue about lions that made it worth seeing for me. Otherwise forgettable.
September 24, 2014
I do believe this is one you either like or you don't, and I do.
½ July 27, 2014
A fairly clever ending, although I didn't really care about any of the characters. #1 reason to watch this movie: C.Walken.
½ October 17, 2013
This movie tries way too hard to be "edgy" and tough. I absolutely hate the lead role and everything just seems phony in this movie. Not into it.
April 15, 2013
defiantly a good indie film if your into the indie genre. johnny doyle is well played and this movie had kick started a number of careers for supporting actors. well done.
April 2, 2013
A great movie about pool. I loved it. Not only does it involve pool but it has humour. I think its fantastic to see a movie involving pool. You dont get many. Thanks Mars!!
March 19, 2013
If your a fan of pool this is an absolute must see. Poolhall Junkies has a great mix of awesome pool shots, humor and story. It's not going to win any awards or anything but its an absolute blast.
February 27, 2013
Underrated gritty movie if you like gambling and hustling!
January 23, 2013
I couldn't stop laughing! Awesomeness!
January 22, 2013
Wherever Michael "Lex Luthor" Rosenbaum goes, I GO!!! YEAH!!! I..I
½ January 4, 2013
Alegremente traducida como "Ultima Jugada", se queda en una peli por y para el billar, en la cual hay por los cuatro costados y gustara a cualquier aficionado al taco, entre los que me encuentro, siendo entretenida e interesante... pero siendo algo mas critico, falla en todo lo relacionado a establecer una historia y personajes, casi todo debido a unas pobres interpretaciones y guion standard.
½ December 28, 2012
This is not a good movie. It's not even a good movie about pool. Heavy editing on the shots all but obliterates the ability to actually see any of them from start to finish, leaving one with the impression that nobody is actually shooting any pool and making any balls.

The acting at times is good, with the exception of Alison Eastwood, who could have easily had a pool cue stand in for her. I have no idea if she's this wooden in all of her films or if this was a special exception. Christopher Walken is quirky as usual but also rather restrained. His character added an interesting element to the film that probably could have been used much more effectively.

Plot line is very predictable, and has plenty of massive-sized holes in it. Why does it take Joe so long to find Johnny? How is it that Joe thinks that he can pistol-whip a local drug kingpin and still walk the streets to live for very many more days? Why is it that a hot-shot up-and-coming lawyer sees no issues with the love of her life involved in a mangled triangle with vengeful and vaguely dangerous ex-managers and an entire gang full of shot-gun toting drug dealers?

But far and away the biggest anomaly in this film is the bathroom in the pool hall. I've played in many pool halls and pool bars and have never seen a bathroom as spacious or nicely appointed. Truly.

All that being said, it still makes me want to go out and shoot some pool tonight. Maybe that's enough for Mars Callahan. But if that were really his goal, he could have saved a lot of time and money on a much shorter and better flick.
December 26, 2012
Loved it. A classic. Basically "Rounders" except with billboards, made before Rounders.
December 17, 2012
great premise. loved this movie.