Poor Little Rich Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Poor Little Rich Girl Reviews

September 19, 2011
Girl wakes up (camera blurred). Girl drinks orange juice. Girl does exercises in her underwear and one chandelier earring. Camera comes into focus. Girl has a conversation with camera. Girl answers telephone. So looooooong. It must be very boring to be rich. While I get why this is an important artfilm, the movie lover in me was not very entertained. Records in the background are kind of cool.
July 23, 2010
love love love edie!
May 23, 2009
i guess the film did serve its purpose as experimental film-making and by confusing people at the time, but now it's just like a home-video about a girl who wakes up and smokes some pot and listens to music. it gets a little more interesting toward the end when chuck wakes up and they start to talk. but having said that, edie sedgwick and her story are quite fascinating, and i did enjoy watching her smile and talk when the picture happened to be in focus.
December 4, 2008
If this piece of cinema was lost forever it would make absolutely no difference. Maybe that's the point.
September 12, 2007
just wonderful!
her voice... oh my god!
August 23, 2007
My favourite movie growing up. I think they still show it at Christmas time. Brilliant.
½ July 25, 2007
if only andy warhol was still alive and continued film making....

its a really interesting film not story wise but the way he filmed the movie...it has this documentary taste
June 9, 2007
drags on for a while, but you've gotta <3 sedgewick. she seems so confused during a lot of the film, i'm pretty sure you could blame that on all the fuckin' drugs she was takin'.
June 7, 2007
oh edie. if you were still alive today i would sit outside your door for days just to get a glimpse of you.