Pootie Tang - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pootie Tang Reviews

March 29, 2016
Never anything before or after it. i dare you forget this movie!
January 7, 2016
I didn't know what I was getting into, and I'm not sure what I got out. I can't tell if it was supposed to be as bad as it was or not. Probably, but considering Chris Rock's other movies at the time, I really have no idea. It was dumb, and I'm not sure if it was in a good way. Reminded me a lot of Kung Pow!
½ January 2, 2016
Dec 27, 2015

Oberholtzer home

Nikki Oberholtzer
Sarah Oberholtzer
Gary Oberholtzer
December 31, 2015
Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, Schindler's List, and now Pootie Tang, a true American classic.
½ December 1, 2015
I have only occasionally sat through attempted humor that was as painful to watch as this. I get that blaxploitation movies are somewhat ripe for satire, but isn't satire humorous on some level? I read reviews where people say "It was so bad I laughed myself silly in spite of myself!" You'd have to be pretty damned silly in the first place to think it's funny. I am a big Louie CK fan, but he must have been in a medically induced coma when he wrote this. I would rather have a root canal than watch 5 minutes more of this movie, which I only saw 15 minutes of in the first place.
November 8, 2015
It has been awhile so caught it again tonight. I love Chris Rock's humor.
October 26, 2015
I don't know why but I actually like this one. Fuck me right? It's silly and it knows it, gives laugh and don't overstay it's welcome.
½ September 6, 2015
one of my all-time favorites, I've seen it many times but only tonight
did i realize it was written, produced and directed by Louis CK. and now i like it even more! =)
February 13, 2015
seen before on tv but wil not show on internet
February 2, 2015
Sepatown my damie, Pootie Tang takes the tippi tai to the dillies. Still, it's not wa-da-tah to the shama cow, and there's some capachow on the runny kine. A sly pannie stai, Pootie Tang is sa-da-tay!
½ January 26, 2015
Really stupid and really funny
½ October 24, 2014
Criminally underrated. Sure, it's simplistic and relies mostly on one joke (sa da tay!) but the only real problem is the fact that it drags in some parts (especially just past the halfway mark) which is a bit of a letdown for a movie that only runs a little over 80 minutes. Otherwise if you enjoy Chris Rock, Andy Richter, J.B. Smoove and Louis C.K.'s style of comedy you should enjoy this unless you never seen a blaxploitation flick or you're racist.
½ July 25, 2014
Top 3 worst movies I have ever seen has a new member, behind only Pluto Nash (2002) and Limelight (1952).
Written and directed by Louis C.K. you might expect amusement, but this movie was sheer agony! It had the humor value of a 1 min comedy bit, but they made 70 minutes of it. Turns out this is exactly what happened - Pootie Tang was a indeed originally a sketch character in The Chris Rock Show. Man, should've left it there.
I might not be in the target audience of this spoof, considering I haven't watched a blaxploitation movie in my life, but damn, this was fucking awful!
July 20, 2014
I had no idea what this was but it quickly became clear this is an all star comedy which few would have head of but subsequently I think probably has a cult falling and for good reason. Its funny, not all the time sometimes it misses but definitely different and Louis CK so funny.
June 17, 2014
I love it for how horrible it is. Cracks this cracker up!
½ June 12, 2014
Eh. Not as good as its cult following makes it out to be, but not as bad as many critics make it out to be. It's just 70 minutes of unadulterated silliness. Do you need much more than that in a movie named Pootie Tang?
May 17, 2014
Better than his first movie.
April 18, 2014
I don't know what the 29% is about. Pootie Tang (or at least the firs 20 minutes of it so far) is the greatest movie I have ever seen/
April 12, 2014
I could honestly watch this movie every day. The absurdity of Pootie's language, and the nonsensical one-liners that obviously influenced later films like Anchorman.
March 22, 2014