Popeye the Sailor Meets Sinbad the Sailor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Popeye the Sailor Meets Sinbad the Sailor Reviews

March 4, 2016
This is a more interesting film than others starring Popeye, as it borrows heavily from older adventure films like The Voyage of Sinbad. It ends with the familiar Popeye formula of solving all one's problems with spinach and punching, but the first half of the film felt like a fun adventure. I wanted to yell at my screen "Don't go in there!" when danger arose and cheer when the hero triumphed!
September 4, 2013
The absolute greatest of the Popeye the Sailor serials. Its technical make is to such a par that it makes the subsequent fifties' Popeye serials look dismal. Despite a weak ending, the short doesn't have a dull moment and is horribly memorable for what it is.
May 30, 2012
It won't let me watch movies
½ February 27, 2012
watched this this morning, freaking classic!
½ January 1, 2012
Popeye is cool. Bluto plays Sinbad the sailor, who takes on Popeye in a challenge of who is the better sailor in this colorful animated adventure. It was one of three or so special Popeye cartoons, and it is a lot of fun if your a fan of animation, especially old Fleischer style theatrical cartoons.
November 16, 2011
those one of my favorite shorts episode animated ever and include with 2 episodes "popeye the sailor meets ali baba's forty thieve" and "aladdin and his wonderful lamp" also. popeye the sailor is include with bluto aka. sindbad that he meet and fought sindbad (and include with two-headed goon and big bird that popeye turn like an thanksgiving turkey), olive oyl, and wimpy (one of he chasing duck is the funniest). i got this dvd that with studio by warner brothers volume 1: 1933-1938 with color version.
July 3, 2011
ElCochran90
May 28, 2011
Steamboat Willie, The Skeleton Dance, The Old Mill, Porky in Wackyland, Popeye the Saillor Meets Sinbad the Sailor... all of them have one thing in common: landmarks of animation. As simple as that. This is adventure in its purest form, slapstick at its best, spellbinding visuals and interaction between characters and objects, and unforgettable moments. I'm in awe.

100/100
½ April 16, 2010
Best Popeye I've seen
March 18, 2009
One of the better old Popeye cartoons. Fun from start to finish.