Popeye's Voyage: The Quest for Pappy Reviews

• Nov 08, 2019

The Quest for Pappy has a dull story, cheap animation and an awful Popeye rap but the voice acting is good and the character designs don't look terrible and resemble their counterparts from the comic strips and cartoons. Not much to this very short CGI adventure but kids who don't care about the live-action movie might enjoy it.

• Dec 22, 2013

Bought this after it was re-packaged as a Christmas cartoon.. Boo! Not really a Christmas cartoon or special.. not really that good either!

• Dec 08, 2012

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt040074 The new semi 3D Popeye seems quite much as chill regarding to older linear and ot drawings . I cold prefer much more the classical cartoons . If this movie refers to a 'wreck' as is entitled in Greek , the movie col be better called as R parental advise as it shows magic

• Sep 03, 2010

They just don't make um like this anymore.

They just don't make um like this anymore.

• Feb 25, 2008

Hani 2 yildiz da saygimizdan olsun. 45 dakikalik 3 boyutlu Temel Reis animasyonu. Kesinlikle klasiklarin yerini tutamiyor. Cocuklugumuzun kahramanlari boyut degistirmeden kalmali , hikaye de cok basarili degil. Hani 45 dakikada cocuklugumuzu hatirlarmiyiz dedim,izledim ama onun yerine teknolojinin bunu saglayamadigini anlamis oldum. Genede temel reis temel reistir diyerek 2 yildiz veriyorum ama siz siz olun kendiniz icinde ,cocugunuz icinde 2 boyutlusunu izleyin-izletin. :-)

• Aug 26, 2007

Personally Popeye have never, and probably will never be one of my favourit animated characters. I stil however gave this movie a shot and it was overall an okay movie. Didn't think I ever would see a computer animated movie of Popeye, but here it was and I just had to see it. The graphic was okay though the story was a bit slow from time to time. This is though most surely something that all fans of Popeye would love to watch, as well as many kids.

• Lafe F Super Reviewer
    Aug 13, 2007

They got the classic look of the Popeye characters rendered really well; I love it! The story is a bit weird mixing in Christmas with a Quest for Pappy; there's not much snow to be seen. The voice work is good. The story is quite dull, and could've used more action. Strange how Brutus/Bluto is a good guy helping Popeye in this movie. There's a bad hip-hop version of the Popeye song within; beware! Kids may like it.

• Aug 13, 2007

Pappy druid. Movie dedicated to you Bipapi, because notice the foreigners and the boat. I reviewed it poorly because of current U.S. Immigration problems

• Jan 01, 2007

my nephews love this movie

my nephews love this movie

• Sep 28, 2006

This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.

This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.