Pop Star - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pop Star Reviews

April 12, 2015
Aaron Carter's first and end leading role. This film is into IMDB's bottom 150 now.
October 28, 2013
A famous teenage popstar is forced to attend a normal high school where girls drool over him and guys are jealous. The character is obnoxious, as is the usual plot centering around the main character's inevitable love story with an unpopular ugly duckling. Aaron Carter is annoying.
December 28, 2012
really romantic at times awww!!! n arron carter is reaaalllllyyy cute!! XD
½ December 5, 2012
What the hell is this? not even a single interesting moment, not even a single interesting line, not even entertaining, not even...nevermind
June 24, 2012
looks awesome! Aaron Carter is sooooo HOT! ;)
May 2, 2012
I can't say I was surprised that this was awful. I mean, with Aaron Carter as the leading "man," how could it be anything else? I suppose if I was 10, I would probably have found this enjoyable. But it's full of cliches, not to mention vomit-inducing cameos by former teen stars. I don't know what possessed me to rent this and to then sit through it in its entirety, but I wish I hadn't.
April 16, 2012
best movie in 2005!!!!!!!!!!
March 14, 2012
It's probably a load of old pants, but I still wanna see it!
erika250
½ June 1, 2011
everything in this film is lacking
pro one good singing part
cons
lame plot
not good acting
the whole thing seems fake to me.
do not waste your time on this one
½ March 4, 2011
What is worse than terrible?
½ February 18, 2011
this movie was terrible
½ January 10, 2011
What the hell was this movie? I read somewhere that this movie was based loosly on Aaron Carter's real life. Yes I will agree with some people that he is cute, but the dude cannot act his way out of a paper bag. Watch this movie if you want a good laugh.
December 23, 2010
i love it it was an alsome so want to see it again
July 20, 2010
It's so bad its actually amazing. One of the funniest movies ever made I have it on DVD.
½ July 20, 2010
Exquisitely filmed and some of the most masterful acting in the entire field of cinema. Carter deserves a gold star for this one. Twelve thumbs up.
July 20, 2010
BEST. MOVIE. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 20, 2010
[b][font=Lucida Console][color=magenta]Popstar was a wonderful movie...so so wonderful...anyways if you are an Aaron Carter fan it will have you on the edge of your seat through the entire time. Aaron stars as J.D. a teenage popstar. He is failing his tutoring so his mom decides to send him to a public high school...if he doesnt pass no summer tour...[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Lucida Console][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Lucida Console][color=#ff00ff]Befriending a "smartie artie" he discovers what love really feels like ...[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Lucida Console][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Lucida Console][color=#ff00ff]A Great movie. I own it and watch it over and over again.[/color][/font][/b]
July 20, 2010
Aimed straight at the 10-15 female crowd, a simple story, very schmaltzy and feel good, kind of a modern update of cinderella with a pop star and a teased high school geek. It will appeal to the younger crowd, but adults will find it hopelessly predictable. I have seen it done worse though.
July 8, 2010
omg the acting was so shit
June 5, 2010
Pop Star: Lame movie, a bit predictable. Aaron Carter's acting was bad. His music numbers were pretty boring too. Also, they should've gotten a prettier female co-star. It would've made the movie more likeable. I also didn't understand any of the stupid quotes they made Leif Garrett say in the damn movie!