Porky's II: The Next Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Porky's II: The Next Day Reviews

½ January 5, 2017
Almost intricate style of gags and schemes for this one. Slightly more difficult to follow plot but it's all worth it.
½ April 29, 2016
Those nasty teens are at it again, horny and having a Shakespeare party
½ February 8, 2016
The original Porky's movie is a subculture classic in that it influenced the teen sex film in the 80s. A shallow story, it was meant to resonate with teem males of that era. Despite its vulgarity, low budget and uncouth plot, it spawned a series of sequels including this one, which is watchable but falls short of the original.
½ February 6, 2015
Not even close to the original, and the original isn't exactly a masterpiece.
October 31, 2014
After seeing the first installment which I despise, I dove unwillingly into its sequel expecting nothing more than a halfhearted film sprinkled haphazardly with unusually long arguments between large groups of people and unrealistic destructive pranks but found myself rather intrigued by its spunky and surprisingly convincing youth-studded cast whose clever antics I actually found to be justified and rather satisfying.
January 2, 2014
A sequel in the right vein of the original. Maybe even funnier and crazier but still fun & goofy enough.
October 11, 2013
porky 2 was just as great as the first .
June 9, 2013
...nothing but a poor cash-in sequel.
½ May 26, 2013
The 2nd movie is not as funny as the first one. However , both movies aren't really that good, but fun for what they are. (Teen movies)
May 6, 2013
just as funny as the first one bula ballbreaker is hilariously funny
TheDudeLebowski65
March 21, 2013
Sequel to the underrated Porky's is just as much fun as the first one, and continues where the first one left off. The film has goods moments of good comedy, and I really don't understand why these films were so vilified upon release. With so many more vulgar Teen comedy films that have been released since Porky's and its sequels. As far as sequels are concerned, this is a good enough sequel to appeal to fans of the original, and it has enough effective comedic bits to make for a fun film to watch. Although there is room for improvement, Porky's II is a must see for viewers who enjoyed the first film. The sequel builds up on where the original left off, and the jokes are pretty good for what they are. The plot is quite simple and it is entertaining for what it is, and in my opinion it is among the better teen comedies that are quite memorable. If you've seen the original, you may like this one just as well. Although the original is the better film, I have to9 say that this sequel is on par due to a fun story, decent performances, memorable comedy that manages to stand out, and effective directing from Bob Clark. This is a worthwhile comedy to watch and it is entertaining from start to finish. Those who enjoyed these types of films will surely enjoy this film, and it is a worthy sequel; that is just as good as the original, however, the original Porky's is for me, the better one, but it still is pretty close in terms of effective comedy and plot. Porky's II is the rare sequel that can be just as good as the original.
December 7, 2012
Porky's II: The Next Day
Starring: Dan Monahan,Wyatt Knight,Mark Herrier,Roger Wilson,Cyril O'Reilly,Kaki Hunter,Tony Ganios,Scott Colomby,Eric Christmas,Nancy Parsons,Bill Wiley,Art Hindle,Edward Winter,Isle Earl
Directed by: Bob Clark
½ November 4, 2012
Picking up straight from where its predecessor left off, 'Porky's II' begins as a virtual re-run of "the night before". As with the previous installment, our batch of likable horny boys have a heart of gold, yet again standing up against those with conservative, oppressive views whose target this time around is a Native American student. Unfortunately, this offering is a little sluggish at times, but there are enough examples of effective humour to carry it through.
½ October 31, 2012
Not as funny as the first, but still ok.
October 27, 2012
The gang helps thwart of religious group and the KKK's opposition of the school's Shakespeare presentation. Not as good as the first film and Porky is missing.
September 20, 2012
Aunque haya gente que no les gustaran las secuelas de Porky's, en mi opinión me gustan, y aunque bajan un poco el nivel de producción, es mínimo, y lo bueno es que mantienen al mismo elenco y aquí en la segunda, siguen abordando temas tabú polémicos entremezclados finamente con comedia juvenil pícara. Recomendada.
August 23, 2012
If I saw is it was because I had to, but I did not pay to see it nor would I ever.
August 14, 2012
not as funny as the first
August 2, 2012
just a entertaining movie to have a good laugh.
½ June 15, 2012
I feel that Porky's 2 lost a lot of its charm from the first one. While it was still funny and had great characters, it was far from the brilliance of part 1.