The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom Reviews

December 28, 2016
Holy Hunter was great but this movie was boring.
July 2, 2014
Subversive and with a deliciously dark flavour, Ritchie's '93 TV movie offers an inventive biopic that satirizes the absurdity of small town American values (much like Ritchie's 'Smile') and the country's distorted love of psychos.
July 4, 2010
This is a loved comedy, has great performances, great soundtrack and a very interesting true story, but I think it will make more sense to Texans than any other person in the world. I didn't like it - I've seen many movies such as this one from the 90's and this was no exception to any rule. Quite boring, I thought.
December 30, 2009
One shiny star for Holly Hunter. The rest was forgettable and seemed so dated.
½ November 12, 2009
Well done by Holly..she is Brilliant..I liked the movie..interesting story..worth the watch..
½ September 12, 2009
It seems like the movie wants to be more of a dark comedy but doesn't allow itself any actual jokes, instead hoping that the outrageous story will be enough. It's not. Hunter is plenty good here but the script doesn't give much to work with.
½ December 9, 2008
Weird, but kind of funny.
July 30, 2008
One of the funniest films ever made. Holly Hunter gives the greatest performance of her life as Wanda Holloway, a real life mother who attempted to have a woman and her daughter murdered to help her own daughters chances of becoming cheerleader. This is a brilliant social satire. Find it and love it!!
March 29, 2006
This is a great docucomedy about Wanda Holloway-a devoted mother who just wants her daughter to succeed in life-even if it means having her ex brother in law hire a hitman to bump off her little girl's best friend and mother...Holly Hunter is great as crazy Wanda,and it's already one of my favorite movies-check it out(it's all true!):fresh: