Poster Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Poster Boy Reviews

May 3, 2015
Sadly, the poster is the best thing about this movie. Low quality film, awful lighting, unappealing characters and almost nonexistent sound editing make this film hard to watch. The film thinks it's more profound than it is and comes off like the brainiac you knew in junior high lecturing you for 90-plus minutes on his thoughts about unremarkable topics.
½ October 26, 2014
Soundtrack Was Pretty Good But The Dialouge Kinda Sucked. The Moody Vibes Of Social-Pressure Vs Complex Realties Shoots Right (Or Left??) Across The Bow Of Political Conformity. "What? Are You Suggesting The Cause, Is Not More Important Than The Individual?".. The Story Means Well..But Lacks A Meaningful Outcome.
July 2, 2013
The camera work made me wanna shoot myself.. Average acting for a low budget film and average plot. But they could have spent a bit more money on hiring a proper camera man and that would have improve the film significantly. Not recommended to view unless you can withstand the experience of Blair Witch Project (Even Blair Witch Project has better camera work than this)
½ December 26, 2012
I stopped watching it about 20 minutes in and returned it back to Netflix. Enough said.
½ July 3, 2012
Poster Boy is funny, but for one I don't agree with politics, nor am I with them, but to fight for Gay rights or to fight against discrimination towards race, colour, or sexual orientation (Homosexuality) count me; because, I for one will fight in a election.

The Story is simple a senator who son is gay, and plots something against his father Senator Jack. However. The direction was actually interesting on how they set this film up; which, it made the film that much more interesting and intriguing.

Performance was pretty good, I mean there is room for improvement, but I don't suspect much out of these actors considering that they were fairly new especially Matt Newton. However, the dialogue was actually interesting, and intriguing.

Overall Poster Boy is mostly a politic film; which, it doesn't interest me much, but the topic that are touch here, I would most definitely fight for them.
Performance were fairly done, and the direction was beautifully crafted.
March 14, 2012
I sooo wanna see this!! Looks like I'd enjoy it. Although the reviews look bad!!
April 16, 2011
Great movie, the politician gets screwed as do most of the main characters in more ways than one.. Good story line, easy to follow movie which keeps you interested - well worth a look.
Definitely watch this one again....
April 4, 2011
This movie is hard to watch. It runs at a slow pace and has no real exciting storyline. It's filmed on low-budget costs (and it shows!)
February 15, 2011
This movie tries too hard to be "artsy" and the story gets lost in that process. It is really good compared to most gay movies. Several characters are just almost unbearable!
September 17, 2010
A good climax but not good enough to make the film any good :(
½ July 14, 2010
Gay cinema, much like the gay man, is often let down by it's own contrived melodrama.
March 20, 2010
It's hard to know what to say about a movie which doesn't say much itself. The concept of the story was intriguing but was, for various reasons, never delivered. The acting might not have been so bad if one had actually had the feeling they were being directed. Unfortunately, anything resembling direction or plot or even a screenplay that anyone NOT off his head on crack cocain might understand had been carefully weeded out before the cameras even got rolling. There are so many loose ends in this movie that my head is still reeling even now (am I the only one who got a lesbian vibe from the mother? What was up with the young Republican going to Palm Springs to get Henry back and then just crashing with him instead?) There are at least three or four different stories that begin to be told and yet none of them are brought to any kind of believable or indeed even discernible finish. Just like in real politics I guess: a lot of hot air up front and nothing to back it up when you dig a little deeper...
½ November 16, 2009
This movie fucking pisses me off... the slut gay son claims that the father is a pretentious
October 4, 2009
A surprisingly good movie! A great story, convincingly told. Didn't have that "made on shoestring budget" feel at all... Definitely worth Netflixing.
½ August 11, 2009
Can't even begin to describe how bad this film was. The concept was smart, but oh my God - the flatness and nonexistence of the script, the bad direction, the awful performances...just another movie failing in deliverance. Doesn't have one single thing about it that made me want to keep watching and it was so slow I often felt like turning it off -but didn't for the sake of having seen it. And now that I have I wish I had turned it off when I still could!
June 21, 2009
In the end, plotting, cinematography and dialogue completely derail this movie, but decent character work and a few solid scenes save it from being an utter disaster.
½ May 12, 2009
I was expecting typical gay movie Cliche of Drugs and Sex and that was gonna be the scandal that rocked the campaign. I was blown away that it didn't fall into this category like so many other bad gay themed movies do. Don't get me wrong there were some sexually themed scened but that didn't overshadow the movie.

Overall, at the end of it great message with a great story. Will agree with whomever said the lead girls side story was quite the performance and well worth the watch.
May 3, 2009
Very interesting story about business that is killing family, politics (and conservative ones) that just have to become different once and differences that has to be accepted.
½ March 9, 2009
Pleasingly acted and well constructed. Not what I was expecting from the title, but diverting enough to hold your attention for an hour and a half.
December 26, 2008
has a film school project feel to it, but does contain the line "how can a cause that divides us be just?" or something like that.