Pound Reviews

• Apr 26, 2018

What can I say? Robert Downey, Sr. Makes truly atrocious films. The film quality is terrible, although to be fair I was watching a horrible copy of the film. The writing is garbage, because the script can’t even maintain a coherent thought. Pound had moments when it was trying for something interesting, having humans as stand-ins for dogs, but he can’t stick with anything that makes logical sense for more than 2 minutes before cutting to something chaotic and dumb. The acting is like bad theater, and some of these parts are horribly racist in their presentation. Perhaps all I need to say about the terrible nature of Robert Downey, Sr. is to talk about how he used his 5-year-old son in his first movie appearance. That’s right, Pound marks the first time Robert Downey, Jr. appeared in a feature film, and he walks in to deliver the line “You got hair on your balls?” The rest of the movie is downhill from there. When you see how it’s all cut together it looks worse than an amateur student film. Perhaps if you’re high on whatever drugs RDS was doing at the time and sharing with his toddler (yes, that was confirmed in an interview) this all seems hilarious, but I’d rather be euthanized than watch Pound again.

• Nov 05, 2016

Stagy allegory feels disjointed and unengaging.

Stagy allegory feels disjointed and unengaging.

• Jan 19, 2014

So weird. So disjointed. And yet... strangely enjoyable.

So weird. So disjointed. And yet... strangely enjoyable.

• Aug 20, 2008