Power and Terror: Noam Chomsky in Our Times Reviews

• Sep 14, 2013

This doc is so poorly done! I like Chomsky...but wow this was hard to watch. The message he has is worth listening too. Good one to put on while doing something else and just listen to it instead of actually watching this messy doc.

• Apr 28, 2010

I like how simplified he tends to make things. I also admire the fact that he knows a LOT of information and has his facts lined up before he tends to formulate a response. Very much worth seeing.

• Nov 27, 2009

I'm lucky to watch this movie.It's worth to watch it.

I'm lucky to watch this movie.It's worth to watch it.

• Sep 30, 2009

i found this pretty boring.

i found this pretty boring.

• Mar 24, 2008

Follows Chomsky on a lecture tour following 9/11 as he addresses what is meant by "terror" and how governments use it for their aims, but only official enemies' terror is condemned. Most importantly, he counters the "doom and gloom" that his highlighting of unreported events can evoke by pointing out how western society has become much more freer in the decades since Chomsky first became politically involved, injecting much needed optimism into his analysis of government power.

• Jan 17, 2008

The encyclopedic Chomsky speaks truth to people on the lecture circuit in the aftermath of 9-11 in Junkerman's minimalist Japanese documentary.

• Jan 08, 2008

Some interesting ideas here, yet annoyingly fragmented due to the Q/A format. The producers should have just recorded a lecture from start to finish.

• Dec 21, 2007

If a sane person exists today, it's probably Mr Chomsky. Good light road trip viewing.

• Dec 12, 2007

Interesting man in an uninteresting documentary. Don't know if Noam was distracted or if the director just had a knack for picking him at his worse moments. I think a straight taping of his lecture might have been more enjoyable.

• Nov 19, 2007