Power Kids - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Power Kids Reviews

May 28, 2013
Add a Review (Optional)
½ November 25, 2012
Cheesy in a kind of good way. A few laughs. The final fight is cool.
½ October 22, 2012
As much as I like those kids rising to fame but the movie gave me a very bad taste of how a Johnny Tri Nguyen can got his ass kicked by a group of kids?!
Tony Jaa beat him up in Tom Yum Goong is satisfying as hell but this is just pathetic really feel sorry for him in this one.
No wonder the film never took off both domestically and internationally.
The movie is good but then Johnny came along and steal the whole movie make me feel like I really don't care about those kids anymore I want more of him!
August 11, 2012
Slow beginning, but it picks up when the kids team up to subdue a rampaging, drunk Aussie giant . Their Muay Thai instructor/guardian should be proud, instead he whips them. The story really picks up as terrorists take over the hospital where the donor heart for their youngest sibling is. The other four, of course, go in to get it. Johnny Nguyen (Clash, The Rebel) plays a sinister leader. It's a fun movie aside from the whipping.
April 13, 2012
need a bio on wuut.,!!! please.,,.,.
½ March 21, 2012
Story intense for small children to watch, and a little unrealistic, but enjoyable action.
½ February 28, 2012
Loved it! Family friendly
February 13, 2012
The last time I ended up watching a Martial Art movie from Thailand I suffered through the abysmal nonsense of Ong Bak 3. Now while Power kids is more watchable than Ong Bak 3, it's nothing from what you would expect from the usual Thailand Martial Art movie.

Power Kids (or 5 Heart Heroes in Thai) is about four children who sneak into a terrorist controlled hospital to steal a heart to transplant for the 5th child who is dying in a different hospital. Now the story of the movie is much more believable and interesting than most of the other Thailand Martial Art movies I've seen. Yet I still have a hard time believing a group of heavily armed terrorists can't take out four kids who know Muay Thai. Also it has some filler which is surprising because this movie is barely 80 minutes which probably gives you a pretty good idea of how little potential the story has in this movie to be any good. Now there definitely some touching moments since these are kids we're talking about going into a hospital filled with heavily armed terrorists to retrieve a heart for a dying kid, but the movie relies to heavily on them being kids which means you wanting them to live isn't as powerful as it could have been.

The Martial Art in this movie will receive mix reaction for sure as I got mix feeling watching this. On one hand we are seeing kids doing Martial Art and they look convincing doing it. Though the down side to this it's really hard to believe that these kids can beat adults with guns who clearly look stronger than them, the first two time we see it's reasonable because they use objects and fight against other kids, but afterwards it believability wears off when they go against adults. One thing that'll sure get parents mad is that these kids are actually hit and shot at in this movie, while it makes the movie more exciting parents on the other hand won't be enjoying it.

Power Kids is not a bad watch for a Martial Art movie from Thailand, while the Mauy Thai doesn't look as impressive as it in did in the original Ong Bak and it's pretty much the same thing here. It's not a bad watch, if you got some to kill go right ahead into this movie, but if you want something more serious than look else where.
December 7, 2011
silly storyline, funny action scenes.
½ October 30, 2011
Loved it! Family friendly
June 24, 2011
I really loved this movie. The plot line grabs you and holds on until the very end, and it had me on the edge of my seat. This is one Thai action film fans shouldn't miss!
April 6, 2011
may favorite power kids specially from catt or sasisa jindamanee
February 27, 2011
it was okay but nothing special
½ February 1, 2011
It was an interesting movie. Of course when there's kids involved in a movie it gets a little emotional. The acting wasn't top notch but they tried. I think the story started out a little slow but started to pick up during the second half of the movie.
November 1, 2010
Kinda like 3 Ninjas, but the stakes are higher - and these kids go way harder.
October 25, 2010
October 18, 2010
it so fantastic.. i like the kids the way they combat... i like the movie at all....
August 24, 2010
The main difference between this movie, and say, 3 Ninjas or something, is that there is only SOMETIMES a mat involved, even though it's kids. And no wires. And they get the switch. It was pretty hardcore.
½ August 23, 2010
a fairly good thai action flick with a decent story to it and it had some cool fight scenes with the kids and some of it was quite impressive
½ July 14, 2010
Simple story about 4 kids trying to save their small brother by facing terrorists in an hospital. Nothing very interesting except a few fighting scenes...