Practical Magic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Practical Magic Reviews

March 25, 2017
pretty ok aldo in some moments the movie slows down too much. its like a roller coaster. full speed then slow then full speed and the movie ends with slow speed again.
½ March 25, 2017
The producers wanted to make a thriller, or did they want to make a family drama, or did they want to make a romantic comedy? They tried to do all 3 at the same time and failed. Its a convoluted mess. They should have stuck to the romantic comedy part, since Sandra Bullock is so good at it. Anyway, I did enjoy watching Nicole Kidman in this as I always do in most of her movies. If it wasn't for her this movie would have been terrible.
½ February 16, 2017
Very odd movie, quite silly.
January 12, 2017
A good example of why, sometimes, you should ignore the "critic score". They hated it but I loved it. Sandra Bullock :D Not quite "The Lake House", but very good.
½ October 24, 2016
I love Sandra Bullock. I love Nicole Kidman. I was just so bored throughout this movie.
jjnxn
½ October 13, 2016
What a waste of a talented cast.
October 8, 2016
AMAZING! I recommend it!
September 30, 2016
There's a curse on the women that their men will die.

One sister's boy friend dies and they bring him back, that's when all the problems start.
½ August 30, 2016
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
½ June 20, 2016
This is an interesting movie about judgements and sisterly love
May 17, 2016
Why? That's all I'm saying. Why?
½ May 17, 2016
Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman make a couple of very cute witches but the movie never casts a lasting spell. Only when the aunts played wonderfully by Dianne Wiest and Stockard Channing does the spell seem to work
½ April 17, 2016
I want to give it five for feel and aesthetics though. It's just really enjoyable and makes you want to get Sandra Bullock's hair stylist and make syrup and garden by the sea. What's wrong here?
January 31, 2016
Light and silly, overly sentimental and a little redundant, but fun and oddly uplifting. I don't know if I'd watch it again, but there was no part of it I didn't enjoy at least a little bit, and it was light enough that the awkward pieces didn't really drag the rest down. It made me smile more than it made me raise an eyebrow, don't expect a masterpiece, but would recommend.
January 27, 2016
I loved this movie. I watched it a lot when I was a child.
October 9, 2015
Hate it. Boring.
Felt like Christmas and Halloween gave birth to a dull and talentless prick.
Hollywood can be so cringeworthy sometimes.
½ October 4, 2015
It's hard to like this film as a fan of the original book, as the tone is so different. The romantic comedy branding of the movie kills the actual magic for me. As did the cheesy soundtrack & clips. On its own however, it's still an interesting story and all the actresses are more than adequate.
September 17, 2015
Forever love this movie. One of my favorites!