Reviews

• Aug 09, 2021

This movie MADE ME!!!

This movie MADE ME!!!

• Jul 10, 2021

I was going to give a big speech about how the critics who work with Rotten Tomatoes are truly not well individuals, giving a film like this 22%. However, I realized that would be insulting all the work Helen Keller did for her community of the blind and deaf. This movie has a cast of talented actresses who all leave a lasting mark, from our lovely aunts to the sisters themselves. A touch of magic with no cheesy C.G.I that makes it kind of cheap. Amazing costumes that can easily be recreated for anyone looking to cosplay as them, whimsical story telling, and a plot that is more about the idea of love in all different forms and how often love isn't good but evil. This movie stays with you, you remember it, and when you watch it again its simple enough you can enjoy all it without feeling like its lost some of its magic the way an action film does when you see the hero has saved the day and the climax has ended. Don't get me wrong, there is action, but thats not the point of the story. Its an 90's classic, its ageless, and it beautiful.

• Jul 01, 2021

Sally (Sandra Bullock) and Gillian Owens (Nicole Kidman), born into a magical family, have mostly avoided witchcraft themselves. But when Gillian's vicious boyfriend, Jimmy Angelov (Goran Visnjic), dies unexpectedly, the Owens sisters give themselves a crash course in hard magic. With policeman Gary Hallet (Aidan Quinn) growing suspicious, the girls struggle to resurrect Angelov -- and unwittingly inject his corpse with an evil spirit that threatens to end their family line. Capitalizing on the hype of the 1990s, this film offers Girl Power squared. Were it not that Kidman seems to be mainly cast to be present and beautiful. She does that better than ever in this film. The real protagonist of the film is Bullock . She shows Girl Power by pointing out that normal is hard enough' the message of the film, it is this: "Do not deny yourself and act according to your own nature, only then will you be truly happy". A chick flick with a bit more substance than average. Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman are wickedly sexy as the spell-casting sisters doomed to be single for the rest of their natural life. Raised on chocolate cake and midnight margaritas buy there aunts ! I felt the camaraderie of the moment as the two sisters and their aunts got drunk on "midnight margaritas" while dancing to Harry Nilsson's "Lime in the Coconut." It was just plain light fun. Best scene in the whole darn movie. The film has a great sound track to boot . With Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock as the sisters and Stockard Channing and Diane Wiest as their 'bohemian' aunts it can't fail to provide a diverting couple of hours. I thoroughly enjoyed this piece of fluff. Practical Magic - Midnight Margaritas Best scene in the whole darn movie. Fun fact they actually got drunk for this scene Nicole Kidman brought cheap tequilia and they all got hammered 😂

• Mar 28, 2021

An underrated (critically) film that has made its way into the hearts of many. I still have my ticket stub from seeing it in the theater and while the book has much more - this movie is charming, fun and just... different. I've loved it for over twenty years. A tale mostly about sisterhood and love, along with preconceived notions and of course, Magic.

• Feb 20, 2021

This film didn't receive the appreciation it should have been given. The casting of this film is brilliant both from the leads and supporting cast. Visually beautiful, the settings , tone and lighting transports you to New England. Great choice of music and overall a story that highlights family loyalty in the face of trouble.

• Jan 02, 2021

Practical Magic is unique in every way, Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman give great presentations like two comic witches, it has a dragging initial story only that as the film unfolds the film becomes powerful.

• Nov 27, 2020

I don't understand the critical panning of Practical Magic (standing at a dismal 22% on Rotten Tomatoes). Sure the villain storyline is a mess, but Sandra Bullock affable rom-com star power is undeniable, coupled with quite a few wild Nicole Kidman scenes (reminder of her Batman Forever Chase Meridian, only wilder). There are playful energy between all the ladies in supporting roles that I quite enjoyed. It's a movie populated by woman, where the men are only eye-candy whether they are good or bad. Shout out to Aiden Quinn who was for a short period in the 90s the ideal love interest. Also shoutout to the trip down memory lane with the 90s soundtrack. I really enjoyed this one.

• Nov 05, 2020

Practical magic is a glorious tale of sisterly love and the powerful bonds of female friendship. It is largely insane in its genre-bending format, but the nostalgia of this movie will always make me love it. Wonderful performances by all four leading actors. Love!

• Oct 13, 2020

It is my most favorite movie to watch on Halloween and drink midnight margaritas

• Oct 12, 2020

One of my favorite movies, the nostalgia it brings out in your tween magic believing witchy heart ❤️ all the actors are magnificent and the story heartwarming and memorable, who didn't want a boy with one green eye and one blue ? I know I met one once, almost married him before I knew his name :) but ended up with a blue eyed soulmate instead ☺️But he can flip pancakes in the air and is marvelously kind so still nailed it ☺️