Prague (Prag) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prague (Prag) Reviews

½ July 30, 2015
Really hurtful and emotional movie. Very dark overall and almost comically tragic.
½ November 2, 2014
Mads as Christoffer is a good guy who is hurt, flawed and doesn't know what to do with the failing relationship. The ending was very poignant and somewhat left you hanging. A really nice Danish film.
½ June 30, 2014
Very mature and witty script , great performance by both the leading actors,the music was also insightful.
June 11, 2014
I relate most to Christoffer. He is detached from his feelings & from himself it seems. In one scene his father's lawyer says he's not very good at doing things alone & Christoffer says that's he is good at it....doing things alone. kind of made me think, we become so good at doing things & being alone....that we detach ourselves, or maybe it just happens to us. When you stand to lose something very important to you, not even that can trump who you've become....totally self reliant...almost too much. Because, then you start to lose what you love, but if you can't force yourself to do anything about it...maybe it has left you & it doesn't matter & you are able to walk away. It's sad not to feel, but it's also amazing when you can just walk away. That's what I got from it anyway.
May 25, 2014
I like its ridiculous sense of noir.
October 20, 2013
A well made, turbulent drama supported perfectly by the cast but failed with the sluggish pacing.

20/10/2013
½ August 11, 2013
Sad, but hopeful and stunningly acted. I was surprised at how much I liked this small film.
November 18, 2012
What would you do when you find out your wife is cheating on you and your father is dead? Mads Mikkelsen (Christofer) will go through hell and he can't have it all.
September 18, 2012
Good photography. Bad script. Boring... Nothing new...but good photography. The emotion is 0.. is not there... Good movie to sleep very well after see it
½ August 16, 2012
Why Prague?! The movie has nothing to do with the city, nor is it showing anything that has really to do with it. I would understand such a mess in an American movie, but to see that from the Danes really surprised me. It is an interesting movie but the quasi-Czech background is nonsense.
½ July 15, 2012
A beautiful and touching story about caring and love.
½ July 13, 2012
Really good acting and direction.
March 9, 2012
Great Film ... It covers the story of messed up marriages, broken families and bisexuality ... Its rich with drama ... magnificent screenplay ... Didn't like the editing technique, it really messed up most of the film... Great shooting locations...good music and Incredible Leads ... They were really great ...!! Its overall a great film ...Very touching and painful.
March 9, 2012
November 6, 2011
great film! so powerfull!
September 27, 2011
I really love this movie. I love Mads Mikkelsen.
½ August 7, 2011
Not as good as I thougt it would be. Prague scenery was worth watching.
½ June 16, 2011
I these kind of movies. Lots of character development without spelling everything out for the viewer. These movies are better out of Europe I always think.
April 10, 2011
Drama abouty marriage and family secrets, good story. Mads Mikkelsen is a bonus.
½ February 22, 2011
In this quite confusing break-up flick, set in Prague, it's not easy knowing what you really want to happen, or which side you support. The plot got shifted around in my head as subplots show up quite often. Subplots that are quite huge and important to the story and the entire package is put together in a great way.

It's not easy to understand why the couple deal with the issues the way they do. They hate each other, they have sex, they yell at each other and then they have sex again. Sure, I do understand that it's a difficult situation, and maybe they don't really know what they really want, but staying at the same hotel together? It's like they are breaking up and getting back together for two weeks straight.

I found the movie well paced and lovely to watch. The score is beautiful, the cinematography is captiavating and the actors deliver. Otherwise this film was haunting but not very emotional. It's a drama, but not a great or typical drama. Either way, i liked it.