Pray for Death Reviews

• Feb 19, 2016

bad, but the song is good and there are a coupe memorable lines. but not really worth watching unless you've exhausted better ninja movie options.

• Aug 29, 2013

Sho gives it a good go in this one; as a peace-loving (always a big mistake in an action movie) Japanese businessman trying to live the American dream. Things go wrong. Fortunately for us, he is also a ninja. I liked this movie as a youth and don't feel too ashamed. The version I saw recently on the MGM HD channel was immaculately rendered but clearly some kind of American cut which was so ineptly edited I couldn't tell what the motherf**k was going on at times. I also didn't like the end scrap too much. I feel a trained ninja could beat the living crap out of an old-fart gangster baddie (who'd killed his wife, dammit!) without too much trouble at all. But that's just me. I don't know about narrative tension and stuff.

• May 10, 2013

The best ninja movie out in 1985!

The best ninja movie out in 1985!

• Feb 24, 2013

It's classic 80's Ninja flick.. Pure Nostalgia... It's not a great film but certainly entertaining.. Minus the horrible 80's soundtrack that pops up now and then.

• Dec 31, 2012

Excellent, so bad it is incredible.

Excellent, so bad it is incredible.

• Nov 09, 2012

Some bad acting but I liked it.

Some bad acting but I liked it.

• Jan 13, 2012

The least of the three ninja films I marathoned my way through, this one is just a bit too paint by number, as an immigrant family is accosted by thugs through a series of contrivances, then the father must return to his ninja ways to mete out justice. It's just a bit of what you expect to see and not much else. Rental?

• Dec 12, 2011

78% "What we really need around here is a black ninja."-Takeshi (Kane Kosugi) Unfortunetly there is no black ninja, his time was the 1970's.

• Aug 07, 2011

"When they kidnapped his son, he rescued him and went to the police. When they ran over his wife and son, he gave them a warning. When they killed his wife, he made them...Pray for Death." That's not a tagline for the movie, but it should have been. Pray for Death is by far the best ninja movie I have ever seen, and I've seen a few. It's kind of slow in some parts, but the ninja fights are so incredible, I just had to give it 5 stars. The incredible Sho Kosugi plays (what else?) a ninja who goes up against a crime lord that constantly torments his family. The whole film plays like a Bond film, and even the opening credits sequence is a knock-off of Bond! And if you've seen a Bond film, you know you're in for over-the-top action and adventure. There's also a great scene where a little kid beaks out some ninja moves on some mobsters and manages to floor eight of them! Now that's impressive.

• Dec 23, 2010

1980s ninjas. You know what to expect.

1980s ninjas. You know what to expect.