Pray for the Wildcats Reviews

• Oct 01, 2013

A must-see! Andy Griffith's sleazy psycho performance here is up there with A FACE IN THE CROWD. Plus Shatner, Marjoe Gortner, Robert Reed and Angie Dickinson!

• Jul 10, 2012

JUST LOOK AT THE cast! ABSURD STORY WITH ALL THE DIABOLICAL ACTING YOU'VE COME TO EXPECT FROM THESE CATHODE TUBE VETS. BIG UPS TO THE CASTING DIRECTOR WHO INEXPLICABLY GAVE THE ROLL OF THE PSYCHO TO GRIFFITH INSTEAD OF TO GORTNER!

• Apr 22, 2012

If you've never heard of Pray for the Wildcats, don't feel bad. I hadn't either, but man was I happy to see it. This is one of those "so bad it's good" movies. Perhaps more than anything, it's fascinating in not just its badness but its main cast. It's a sort of who's who of TV and B movie actors: Andy Griffith (as a filthy bad guy!), William Shatner (with very little Shatness!), Robert Reed (Mike Brady!), Marjoe Gortner, Angie Dickinson and Lorraine Gary. The film gets strange as a bunch of ad executives take a motorcycle trip to Baja to seal a deal for construction plans with a potential investor, but things go awry when the investor turns out to be a crazed maniac who will do anything to get what he wants. I laughed so much and was glued to the screen at the same time. This was technically a made-for-TV movie, but wow is it insane. It's Griffith VS. Shatner, or a prequel to movies like Wild Hogs. Trust me. You don't want to miss this one.

• Aug 11, 2010

I remember seeing this a really long time ago on regular tv~I think I was surprised that Andy Griffith didn't play the nice guy~I'm going to look for the dvd