Premium Rush - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Premium Rush Reviews

November 14, 2015
A fun action thriller on bikes. Gordon-Levitt and Shannon elevate the film with good performances. The film may feel familiar but its still enjoyable.
November 12, 2015
I was hoping to see this in theaters, but didn't get to (sadly, this happens often with my schedule; but as long as I at least got to go watch what I wanted to MOST that weekend, I'm fine with it)...! Now that it's out on Blu-Ray, I'll hopefully get my chance to check it out (even on Netflix)...! I want to see it even more because Zod is in it...!
½ November 9, 2015
A ludicrous premise is held aloft by Michael Shannon's wildly entertaining performance as the lead villain.
½ November 5, 2015
This movie is just plain fun! It goes by so fast and you are entertained throughout the entire movie. They have some great chase scenes, a simple storyline to follow, an over the top bad guy and the amazing Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He looked so good in this movie! The main girl I cannot stand as an actress (that Mexican girl from Heroes) and she is not good in this movie but is thankfully not in the movie that much. Please have fun with it like I did.
November 2, 2015
Dominguera... para pasar el rato
October 22, 2015
Green screen at it's best.
½ October 20, 2015
Premium Rush may look stupid, and frankly it is. But this is the perfect example of a dumb fun action movie that's...well, fun as hell.

Grade: A-
½ October 13, 2015
Fast and Furious but with bicycles and JGL.
September 18, 2015
Cooler and more stylized than most cat-and-mouse thrillers, "Premium Rush" is one enjoyably wild ride.
½ September 18, 2015
The movie, idiotic as it is, has its charms, thanks in large part to its two main actors.
September 18, 2015
As fun and harmless as it is, Premium Rush offers little more than some smoothly directed bike stunts and two fun performances in the form of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon.
½ September 6, 2015
This was a fairly entertaining movie. It's not pretentious doesn't try to be anything other than what it is, a chase movie. For most of the movie you go back and forth between present time and an hour or so in the past to explain what's going on and that gets old after a while. The main character is a law school drop out but even though this fact is mentioned several times it really has no bearing on the plot and you wonder at the end why it's even part of the movie. Overall if you haven't seen it and are looking for some light fair I would say it's worth seeing once.
August 31, 2015
Premium Rush is a great action thriller. It has a different kind of story and hero who uses great biking skills to his advantage. The non-linear storyline the film uses is also enjoyable. Joseph Gordon Levitt is great as usual as is Michael Shannon as a villain.
August 26, 2015
High levels of action..check
high levels of silliness...check

This movie offers nothing more than solid action with bikes.

The story is pretty flawed and almost doesn't fit the line.

I would of loved to see it go in a different direction.

Gordon Levitt works for a bike delivery service, who basically ends up with the wrong package....and levels of silliness ensue.

that being said the riding sequences are pretty cool and enough to carry this film.
Decent watch
½ August 23, 2015
Bike messengers tooling around New York City at 25-30 mph on bikes with no brakes and hard geared with no coast mechanism. A messenger bag over the shoulder and a bike lock chain around the waist. A helmet and possibly knee and elbow pads their only protection. The hazards carelessly opened car doors, unsignalled lane changes and abrupt turns and kamikaze pedestrians. All this for $80/day or about $20,000/year if you stay healthy. If it's got to get there a bike messenger can do the job faster than any other service.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has no less than four stand-ins. A real-life bike messenger adept at negotiating city traffic at speed, a bike racer, a stunt bike rider and a pro-stunt man for the dangerous accident scenes. All have physiques to match his lean compact frame. The DVD Supplements that demonstrate how the action was captured are a must-see. There are no high-octane chase scenes la Fast and Furious but the kinetic energy of an unprotected human body captured close-up on a bike travelling up to 40 mph in traffic is quite dramatic.

The movie is special effects laden. The storyline is all about getting there as fast as possible. As portrayed these riders have a lifestyle but no life and therein lies the film's weakness.
½ August 20, 2015
The energy and visuals are nicely done. Biking from point A to point B has never been so intense.
August 9, 2015
As generic as it seems, Premium rush has just enough action and humor to make this a fun ride.
½ August 9, 2015
Bike messengers are the heroes that no one asked for and the ones in this film should never be seen or heard from again. Bad story, acting (especially the accents), story, soundtrack, story, dialogue, and story. Premium Rush made no sense from beginning to end and the characters were all meant to have heart but ended up being soulless, pedestrian assaulting idiots. Thank goodness the run time was an easy hour and a half. I don't think I could have lasted much longer.
½ August 3, 2015
It's got good and rapid chase scenes, but Premium Rush failed to vastly intrigue or to include an original idea
July 28, 2015
Decent enough thriller, not anything inventive but still, you will never be bored. Joseph Gordon-Levitt continues to be a joy to watch and Michael Shannon is probably one of the most intense actors to ever cross the screen.