Premium Rush - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Premium Rush Reviews

September 18, 2015
Cooler and more stylized than most cat-and-mouse thrillers, "Premium Rush" is one enjoyably wild ride.
½ September 18, 2015
The movie, idiotic as it is, has its charms, thanks in large part to its two main actors.
September 18, 2015
As fun and harmless as it is, Premium Rush offers little more than some smoothly directed bike stunts and two fun performances in the form of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon.
½ September 6, 2015
This was a fairly entertaining movie. It's not pretentious doesn't try to be anything other than what it is, a chase movie. For most of the movie you go back and forth between present time and an hour or so in the past to explain what's going on and that gets old after a while. The main character is a law school drop out but even though this fact is mentioned several times it really has no bearing on the plot and you wonder at the end why it's even part of the movie. Overall if you haven't seen it and are looking for some light fair I would say it's worth seeing once.
August 31, 2015
Premium Rush is a great action thriller. It has a different kind of story and hero who uses great biking skills to his advantage. The non-linear storyline the film uses is also enjoyable. Joseph Gordon Levitt is great as usual as is Michael Shannon as a villain.
August 26, 2015
High levels of action..check
high levels of silliness...check

This movie offers nothing more than solid action with bikes.

The story is pretty flawed and almost doesn't fit the line.

I would of loved to see it go in a different direction.

Gordon Levitt works for a bike delivery service, who basically ends up with the wrong package....and levels of silliness ensue.

that being said the riding sequences are pretty cool and enough to carry this film.
Decent watch
½ August 23, 2015
Bike messengers tooling around New York City at 25-30 mph on bikes with no brakes and hard geared with no coast mechanism. A messenger bag over the shoulder and a bike lock chain around the waist. A helmet and possibly knee and elbow pads their only protection. The hazards carelessly opened car doors, unsignalled lane changes and abrupt turns and kamikaze pedestrians. All this for $80/day or about $20,000/year if you stay healthy. If it's got to get there a bike messenger can do the job faster than any other service.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has no less than four stand-ins. A real-life bike messenger adept at negotiating city traffic at speed, a bike racer, a stunt bike rider and a pro-stunt man for the dangerous accident scenes. All have physiques to match his lean compact frame. The DVD Supplements that demonstrate how the action was captured are a must-see. There are no high-octane chase scenes la Fast and Furious but the kinetic energy of an unprotected human body captured close-up on a bike travelling up to 40 mph in traffic is quite dramatic.

The movie is special effects laden. The storyline is all about getting there as fast as possible. As portrayed these riders have a lifestyle but no life and therein lies the film's weakness.
½ August 20, 2015
The energy and visuals are nicely done. Biking from point A to point B has never been so intense.
August 9, 2015
As generic as it seems, Premium rush has just enough action and humor to make this a fun ride.
½ August 9, 2015
Bike messengers are the heroes that no one asked for and the ones in this film should never be seen or heard from again. Bad story, acting (especially the accents), story, soundtrack, story, dialogue, and story. Premium Rush made no sense from beginning to end and the characters were all meant to have heart but ended up being soulless, pedestrian assaulting idiots. Thank goodness the run time was an easy hour and a half. I don't think I could have lasted much longer.
½ August 3, 2015
It's got good and rapid chase scenes, but Premium Rush failed to vastly intrigue or to include an original idea
July 28, 2015
Decent enough thriller, not anything inventive but still, you will never be bored. Joseph Gordon-Levitt continues to be a joy to watch and Michael Shannon is probably one of the most intense actors to ever cross the screen.
July 27, 2015
Wow, that was a lot of bikes. This movie has a silly premise, Joseph Gordon Levitt on a bike for 90 minutes, but you know what, it works, and why, because he is a good enough actor to make it work and the filmmakers shot this just right where it made the experience more enjoyable. The other thing I must mention is that Michael Shannon (the Villain, I suppose if there is one) is now going to be referred to as Ray Liotta's twin brother that went missing after birth because my god, his mannerisms, his look and his craziness are all identical to Ray Liotta, now I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's silly premise keeps it from being good, but it is very watchable which is always good. RECOMMENDED slightly.
July 21, 2015
Gordon Levitt and Shannon give their all to this so-so script saved by its unique action sequences and rigorous pacing.
July 7, 2015
it was entertaining, considering the hoaky plots turns... it had a Baywatch feel of "everything is going to be alright" and the villain is just never gonna win. It wasn't good... but it kept my attention. I'd never watch it again, or recommend it cartoony directing, and safe tension placed throughout it... but it was fine.
June 28, 2015
good, a lot of action.
June 20, 2015
Jamie Chung's accent is spot on for a stereotypical Chinese accent. Well done.
½ June 18, 2015
This was something different, that I have seen in quite some time. This was a good action film realating to bikes. Joseph Gordon Levitt did a great job in here. I liked all the action that this movie showed in here. A great movie with a great story and a great twist at the end. So for this being one good movie that people missed and did not watch, wich I don't understand why??? I give "Premium Rush" a B-.
½ June 10, 2015
At times cheesy and corny, but overall briskly paced, witty, snappy, occasionally funny and solidly acted, Premium Rush is an adequate serving of B-movie time-killing fun. While I found the subplot regarding the Asian child to be slightly uninteresting and far-fetched for the films premise, it didn't bog down the film too much. Michael Shannon successfully plays a one-note, comic-book-like antagonist here with JGL giving a confident lead as the protagonist and anchor of Premium Rush, a fun flick, nothing more or less.
½ June 10, 2015
I only saw it on TV but when I started watching, it was impossible for me not to stick until the end. Gripping, exciting, and actually quite rare.