Reviews

• Jun 17, 2013

"The industry is dead"

"The industry is dead"

• Apr 22, 2013

I don't know if this documentary is supposed to be depressing, but it is. Of course there are both positives and negatives to the advancement of technology in the music and film industries, but this film focuses on why the mediums have changed and how they'll never be the same. "The craft is gone" is how one segment puts it. And it sure seems like it. There's no soul anymore; no humanity, at least not in computers. Some advances are truly amazing, but much is lost along the way. C'est la vie, I suppose.

• Oct 30, 2012

Conceptually and in terms of slickness of execution - This is a decent movie. Where is fails is in its attempt to string together a cohesive theme or story line. In the end, this is a montage trying to be a collage of ideas and opinions about digital media. There are some valid assertions made about democratization of content creation and distribution but you'd have heard those elsewhere too.

• Jul 20, 2012

Cool documentary on past, present and future of creativity. Plus some really smart bald guys are in it like Seth Godin and Moby which is good.

• Jul 03, 2012

I found it haunting and affective, though slightly depressing. I watched it while catching up on my correspondence (which will seem ironic once you've watched the film).

• Jun 16, 2012

A great doc about the demise of "the craft" in film, music and all things media. All thanks to the digital revolution.

• Apr 13, 2012

technology. culture. art. confluence. acceleration. inspiration. collaboration. indeedy.

• Apr 08, 2012

It means well, but it's an extremely depressing vision of art in the 21st century.

• Jan 24, 2012

Fantastic film. It covers so much of any creatives and opens the door to discuss whether or not affordable "game-changing" digital advances have helped or burdened the industry their in. Beautiful cinematography. Engaging content and fantastic editing!

• Jan 23, 2012

Finally got around to watching this. Great doco, not much sentiment that's particularly new, but certainly reinforces a bunch of ideas that I definitely agree with. We are living in amazing times..,